While Camille Villar, the unica hija of Congresswoman Cynthia and Senator Manny Villar, is busy proving her mettle in the family’s real estate company, we're busy watching her wardrobe. While she is quiet and unassuming by nature, her style choices speak loudly of her keen eye for fashion.
Read on for more of Camille Villar's Style Profile as published in Preview, November 2010.
Click on the photo gallery to see her style.
DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE.
Feminine, simple and understated, sometimes surprising, and definitely an expression of who I am.
HOW HAS YOUR STYLE EVOLVED OVER THE YEARS?
I learned what worked for me and what didn’t. When I started working, I also started gravitating towards quality pieces that were more functional. I used to always put style over comfort but now I just do that once in awhile.
WHAT IS YOUR SIGNATURE LOOK?
I’m always in dresses and high heels, even when I’m in construction sites. It seems I also have a penchant for black, white, and red.
WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST RISKS YOU’VE TAKEN?
I have yet to step out of my comfort zone and take one.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP FIVE SHOPPING TIPS?
1. Bring a friend whose style you trust.
2. Don’t buy things impulsively; make one round to see everything before you start buying.
3. Wear comfortable shoes if you’re going to shop the whole day.
4. Try to use cash so you know how much you’re spending—credit cards can be dangerous.
5. Fit is so important: no matter how nice it looks on the rack, if it doesn’t flatter you well, put it back.
WHAT’S THE BEST FASHION ADVICE YOU’VE EVER BEEN GIVEN?
Never follow trends just to conform; dress in a way that suits you—your body type, your comfort, and your personality.
I LOOK MY BEST WHEN...
I’m genuinely happy.
Click on the photo gallery to see more of Camille Villar's style.
Compiled by Daryl Chang
Photography by Doc Marlon Pecjo
Makeup by Robbie Piñera
Hair by Raymond Santiago