Preview has had many a good time at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila—we come for the excellent food, fantastic drinks, plush rooms, and good company. All that said, have you ever considered the hotel's potential for great outfit shots, too? Something to think about! Below, eight starter spots that warrant a visit and a trillion OOTDs.
1. The woven, teardrop-shaped cocoon chairs dotting Sofitel's poolside are great for summery, pre-swim snaps.
2. But of course, you can't leave out the grand staircase leading from the lobby down into Spiral! Use it to highlight a back detail, like a sweeping train draped across the steps.
3. Fun fact: The hotel boasts of a gorgeous wooden pier-style deck you can watch the cotton-candy sunset from.
4. Whether you're tanning or taking outfit shots, the line of daybeds on the grassy knoll facing Manila Bay is your best bet. What a view!
5. If you're checked in, their gossamer white floor-to-ceiling curtains make a great backdrop.
6. Here's the same set of iconic steps, but from a different angle! Peer into the restaurant below and cop a shot of the pretty chandeliers.
7. We love the Spiral bar for its dizzying selection of wines and spirits...and its penchant for being 100% photogenic. Even the floor tiles are IG-worthy. (Take a #shoefie, too, while you're at it!)
8. Sofitel's very corridors are tastefully retro, so don't hesitate to pose and stop foot traffic. Half kidding.