They say that a good outfit can cure a bad day. We’d double down on that and add that it gets even better when you choose a brightly colored one. Take a look at actress Sofia Andres’ sense of style—with all its neons, brights, and patterns, every outfit is an instant pick-me-up. Whether she’s taking a tour around Europe or heading out for a pampering session, you can count on her to wear something sunny.
10 times Sofia Andres convinced us to wear a colorful OOTD:
1. Challenge yourself to forgo the safe route when styling a statement piece. Sofia styles her medusa emblem Versace jeans with a pink button down, neon slides, and green purse. The trick is to choose pieces that pick up from the colors of the printed jeans. It keeps everything lively while staying cohesive.
2. If you love slip dresses as much as we do, here’s a colorful way to style one—put a boxy, bright blazer on top. It mixes traditionally masculine and feminine style to make a dimensional outfit, and when done in playful tones, it really comes alive. Make like Sofia and finish off with a bag that picks up from the colors of the rest of the look.
3. Colorful pattern play knows no season, and as much as it’s favored for cheerful summer outfits, it surprisingly works as well for cooler temperatures. Sofia shows us how it’s done with a pair of coordinates fully rendered in a geometric print. When paired with a charcoal suede blazer, it gives all kinds of ‘70s cool.
4. If you need to add a bit of life to your daily outfits and don’t know where to start, take a look at this ensemble by Sofia. She wears a denim jacket emblazoned with bright graffiti (a custom piece from a Filipino-owned brand). When you throw something like this on, it’s an instant pick-me-up for even the most ho-hum of looks.
5. There’s a sense of fearlessness in the way Sofia dresses that we can all learn a thing or two from. This really comes to light in this OOTD, where she dons a purple sweater, a green and orange skirt, and neon pink accessories. There’s a lot going on, but somehow, it still works. All you’ll really need is the confidence to pull it off.
6. Because orange is one of our most talked-about colors as of late, we had to take cues from this look by Sofia. She wears the color through a pair of high-waisted gingham pants and a simple tank top. But in true Sofia fashion, she doesn’t stop at one color. Instead, she wears sunglasses with neon green frames to end things with a bang.
7. If playing with color isn’t fun enough for you, make room for texture experimentation, too. Sofia goes all-in with a bright red suit done in crushed velvet and a pink Marc Jacobs bag in glittering PVC. And to pull it all together, she ties her sneakers with bright pink laces. Now that’s what we call “committing to the look.”
8. In case you haven’t noticed yet, we’re obsessed with pink, especially when it’s done in a way that’ll give Barbie a run for her money. Sofia does just that, in a long dress that features a lucent print in high-contrast blue. And in what’s becoming a signature Sofia trick, she pairs it with accessories that come in a similar colo. For this one, she throws on a fun Jacquemus bucket hat.
9. Possibly the most fail-safe way to wear color is through the classic sundress—in any texture, pattern, or cut, it just works! Take a look at this yellow number on Sofia, which is the definition of easy summer style. If you’re heading to the beach soon, keep dresses like this in your suitcase. Trust us, you’ll find yourself reaching for them constantly.
10. Color blocking is always a good idea, especially when done in a fun print. Such is the case for this outfit worn by Sofia, which features a dress done in yellow with red, pink, and white patterns. It’s intricate without feeling overwhelming, and is just the perfect poolside look.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!