(Image via Signet)
The newest addition to Upper Legazpi, Signet, is a multi-brand specialty store catering mainly to men. Wooden planks, a leather armchair and a femme concession - a vase of lilies - greet the customer. On a recent trip, Style Bible spotted 9 menswear brands that would be of utmost aid in making your boyfriend look like a gentleman. That is, if he isn't already.
LEFT TO RIGHT:
1. FULL COUNT (Japan): T-shirts to outdo our James Perse obsession. Best uni-sex ever.
2. FOX UMBRELLAS (UK): The whangee handle reminds us of Gucci's bamboo-suspended bags.
3. UES (Japan): Selvedge, and nifty scarves to stuff in your back pocket, to boot.
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT:
4. BRESCIANI (Italy): Nothing chicer than a man who flashes some dressy socks when he sits down. The tiny checks and polka dots make everything extra refined.
5. CARMINA SHOEMAKER (Spain): Gum-sole desert boots, gentlemen's slippers and our favorite monkstraps - if only they had them in our size! They make a great birthday present for a dad or beau, though.
6. DRAKE'S (UK): The scarf, tie and pocket square maker from London's Haberdasher Street, nods to the French sense of chic and the Italian's love of color. League of extraordinary gentlemen, indeed.
7. SAINT JAMES (France): Perfect for the Picasso in you, Saint James has spun some of the world's finest Breton tees since 1889. Girls, buy one size down for a fitted look, and your regular size for a slouchy fit.
LEFT TO RIGHT:
8. TCB (Japan): We are obsessed with the 501s reboot, but this brand - modeled on Vintage Levi's - makes us want to borrow from the boys. Starting with this jacket.
9. FLAT HEAD (Japan): A Japanese brand that does Americana. Did someone say lumbersexual?
163 Legazpi St., Legazpi Village, Makati City
Find other stores around this neighborhood HERE.
Read about 12 men with amazing style HERE.
Salivate over more menswear HERE.