Rei Germar has been one of our top fashion icons since the olden days of YouTube. Time and time again, we draw inspiration from her OOTDs to find the answers to our everyday styling woes, especially our short girl fashion problems. ICYDK yet, the 25-year-old vlogger is only 5'2, something we never would've guessed thanks to her brilliant eye for fashion! Rei is living proof that you, too, can look like a statuesque model with flattering pieces and carefully-selected outfit combos.
Want to cop her effortless style? Below, we've rounded up 8 chic outfits from Rei that naturally complement petite figures:
1. Gone are the days when short girls shied away from long dresses. A nude maxi dress like Rei's can do wonders for your frame as long as it hugs your curves and drapes around your ankles.
2. As seen on Rei's outfit, an asymmetrical hem alters your natural proportions to play up your stature. The best part: Uneven cuts are also very trendy nowadays!
3. Printed pieces can be intimidating for petite girls, but vertical stripes are an exception. For instance, Rei wears a pastel blue romper with thin stripes to create the illusion of clean, long lines.
4. BTW, you can also recreate the same visually elongating effect with a plain monochromatic outfit. Rei chooses an all-white ensemble for that ultra-sophisticated feel.
5. Rei is obsessed with crop tops, and we're totally on board. Baring a cheeky sliver of skin along your midriff elongates your torso without cutting off your frame.
6. Jumpsuits are another popular option for smaller figures because they elevate your waistline and balance out your proportions. Rei pairs hers with an understated clutch and a contrasting swipe of red lipstick.
7. Leave it to Rei to convince you that mini skirts are a staple for every short girl's wardrobe. Playful with a touch of edge, a well-fitted mini skirt can show off your legs and make them look like a mile long.
8. To lengthen your neck, go for a low-cut top like a V-neck or a sweetheart. Here, Rei accentuates her top's neckline with dainty jewelry so as not to overwhelm the bare decolletage area.
This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!