We know you guys are excited about Rajo Laurel’s latest collaboration so here are some fast facts about Rajo! For Parisian.
1. There are just 14 styles with around 200 pairs per color for each style. Yes, stocks are THAT limited so you’d best not dilly dally if you want these to be the latest additions to your shoe closet.
2. Only 7 premiere SM Department Stores will be carrying the capsule collection starting today, November 11, 2011. So make your way to SM Makati, SM Cubao, SM North EDSA, SM Megamall, SM Southmall, SM Mall of Asia, and SM Cebu!
3. The price tag on these babies is anywhere from P999 to P2199; an easy range to stay true to Parisian’s “high fashion made affordable” mantra.
4.There’s a good range of heel heights to suit every need and occasion. Flats still have a boost of half an inch while the sexy Cloven-Hoof wedges stand tall at 5 inches. Of course, there are 3-4 inch options for the gals who like the height with all the comfort.
5. Rajo has come full circle with this partnership with Parisian. His first job at age 15 was as an illustrator for SM Shoemart!
6. The designer was entirely hands-on in the creation of these shoes. He even joined the Parisian team in China to visit the workshop and observe the shoes being made. You can read about it in his blog here >>
Rajo admits to being a shoe lover himself saying, “I believe I inherited this from my grandmother, Betty Castillo-Laurel. She loves shoes and even today at the age of 92, her love of shoes is so evident that we still shoe shop together to this very day.”
He also remarked at how different making shoes is from making clothes. “Everything is different: from the way they should look, the way they should feel—the curves, the stitches, the details. There is science in creating a shoe.”
This collection is a testament to his love for architecture, sculpture, and pop culture. You’ll find sexy movement in the shape of the wedges, metal-cladding on square heels, as well as a mix of bright satins, velours, and suedes.
Judging from the shopping frenzy at the launch, this is one’s going to go quickly. Let’s cross fingers and toes there will be a round two for this collaboration.
Click on the photo gallery to preview the Rajo! For Parisian shoes >>