Social media is bustling with all the updates we can get of Rabiya Mateo’s experience in the Hard Rock Hotel as the Miss Universe 2020 competition nears! While we refresh her Instagram account for any IG stories, fans are scrambling for photos on her outfits and the meanings behind it.
Rabiya glows while representing the country in head-to-toe Pinoy-made OOTDs. An inn case you didn’t know, she plans to showcase 100 designer clothes! But in the mix of all the glamorous gowns and dresses, Rabiya is slaying in her chic coordinates. So far, she displayed a varied ensemble of both bright and neutral colors, different silhouettes, and flattering necklines, each with its own inspiring message. It’s definitely motivating us to invest in unique coords that express our personalities!
Here are Rabiya Mateo's stunning coordinates to check out
1. Angel-inspired white coords
Rabiya arrived in the Hard Rock Hotel wearing this dainty white coords really bringing out her feminine side! Created by Yeye Pantaleon, the dress draws inspiration from Rabiya’s angelic face and innocence. But moving past her sweet eyes is a determined flame waiting to ignite. Yeye balanced concepts of purity and allure to create this fresh ensemble. Coupled with the deep v-neckline, the seemingly petal-like fabric aims to mimic a angel feathers to create a free spirited look! So as to not draw attention away from the outfit, a simple chic bag by Tessa Nepomuceno and nude stilettos were paired to give her longer legs. It effortlessly enhances Rabiya’s natural beauty.
2. The Philippine Orchid coords
A vision in monochromatic pink, Rabiya’s 15th look stems from the lovely flamingo and Rose Grape flower, a variation of the Philippine orchid. According to Rabiya's stylists, designer Ushi Sato chose the flamingo because it represents freedom, balance, and elegance reflecting an open heart. On the other hand, references taken from the Philippine Orchid can be seen in the details.
The two-piece ensemble sways and moves with Rabiya as she sashays around—the coords' stunning embellishments and feathery details make her an eye-catching morena beauty amid the other candidates. Capping off her look is a pair of shiny drop earrings and a messy ponytail! So cute!
3. The Iloilo River set
Representing Rabiya’s hometown is this midnight blue set inspired by the Iloilo River’s scenery. Designed by Ruffy Evangelista, the coord set is embellished with gold thread and mimics the city light’s reflection on the river at night.
The square neck bra top is complemented by an asymmetrical skirt with ruffled hemline and an adorable bow on one side. As Rabiya walks, its flowy midi skirt unveils a thigh-high slit. But apart from the visual referemce, an important detail of the outfit is its material which is actually made with Iloilo’s hand-woven indigenous fabric, Hablon.
4. The Manila Sunset coords
Rabiya Mateo once said that the color of a phenomenal woman is red, “red is power and I am red. Perfectly encapsulating that idea is this uniquely cut ensemble by Claiza Bihasa Uy. She wanted the dress to show Rabiya’s “warmth and beauty.” Portraying the striking Manila Sunset and the glow of red candles in church, the dress turns Rabiya as a symbol of light, power, and fearlessness. The skin-baring top goes well with its matching maxi skirt. It gracefully accentuates Rabiya’s figure what with its asymmetrical cut and flowy fabric.
5. Pink suit coords
Rabiya looks sensational in this contemporary feminine set created by Van Bantiling. It just goes to show that formal attire can be expressive and unconventional, too. We're eyeing the set's deep v-neckline framed with a two-toned pink and orange collar that accentuates the top! Contrasting the formality most blazers bring is the striking cutouts in the underbust. Further pushing the boundaries is an asymmetrical waist band letting her belly button peak through. Displaying Rabiya’s toned physique is the string wrap around that made the set edgier especially with the flare pants detailed with orange panels on both sides.
READ MORE STORIES ON MISS UNIVERSE 2020 HERE:
- • 10 Things You Need To Know About Rabiya Mateo
- • Here's How This Local Shoe Brand Became Miss Universe 2020's Official Footwear
- • Rabiya Mateo Reveals She'll be Wearing Pia Wurtzbach's Earrings to Miss Universe 2020
- • Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe Wardrobe Will Showcase More Than 100 Designers
- • All the Details of Rabiya Mateo's Stunning Philippine Flag-Inspired Gown
- • Rabiya Mateo Looks Stunning Without Makeup and Here's Proof
- • Rabiya Mateo Wore a Sexy Slip Dress Inspired by Philippine Gold
- • Here's a Glimpse of Rabiya Mateo's Signature Pageant Walk "Halabira"
- • Rabiya Mateo Wore a Gorgeous Sheer Dress Inspired by the Barong Tagalog
- • Rabiya Mateo Fell Into A Pool During A Miss Universe Photoshoot And Handled It Like A Total Pro
- • All the Most Jaw-Dropping National Costumes from Miss Universe 2020
- • Rabiya Mateo's Stylist Addresses the Controversies Behind Her Miss Universe National Costume
- • Did You Know? A 21-Year-Old Pinoy Student Designed Miss Universe Cameroon's National Costume
- • Filipino Jeweler Reveals the "Missing Piece" of Rabiya Mateo's Miss Universe National Costume
- • 10 Best Evening Gowns from Miss Universe 2020 Prelims
- • The Real Meaning Behind Rabiya Mateo’s Yellow Evening Gown for Miss Universe
- • All the Miss Universe 2020 Candidates Who Wore Filipino-Made Gowns to the Prelims
- • Did You Know? Rabiya Mateo Wears the Exact Heels Pia Wurtzbach Wore When She Won Miss Universe
- • 10 Most Memorable National Costumes Worn by Miss Universe Philippines So Far
- • 10 Unforgettable Gowns Worn by Miss Universe Winners Over the Years
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!