Apart from all her favorite designer pieces, Heart Evangelista also loves the versatility of a humble white T-shirt—and we can't blame her! This basic closet piece is easy to style, comfy enough to wear all day, and—as proven by Heart's OOTDs—it can look expensive, too. Here are a few fashion tricks we learned from the actress when it comes to wearing a white tee:
1. Invest in a high-quality white T-shirt.
T-shirts get worn out quick; a loose and formless top may look too casual, so you may want to get one that's well-made and won't easily thin out. Look for a well-fitted tee that will hold up even after several washes. Keep in mind that high-quality shirts tend to feel heavier compared to regular ones due to the higher threadcount.
2. For a classy twist to your white tee and denim jeans combo, opt for a pair in white to instantly elevate your look.
3. Up the ante by accenting your white tee with gold jewelry.
4. Balance out the shirt's laidback vibe by tucking it in a dressy maxi skirt.
You can even throw on a colored, structured blazer for your next office OOTD.
5. Neatly tuck a fitted tee into a dark denim skirt.
Dark colors conceal imperfections and creases so clothing in deeper hues naturally appear neat and polished.
6. Pay attention to the shoes you're pairing with your white tee.
Your shoes could easily stand out when you're wearing a plain outfit. Heart, for instance, wears a pair of nude heels whenever she's dressed a bit more casually—opting for heels instantly makes her ensemble look more put together.
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.