Wearing denim jeans is a tale as old as time. It's an article of clothing we can be certain is in literally everyone's wardrobe, even those of beauty queens like Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach. Six or so years after her reign, it seems Queen P has honed her expertise at casual dressing. But how does a monarch like her make something as unceremonious as jeans work?
The model-slash-actress' secret lies in her simple regimen of pairing the closet staple with tops that complement her figure and add a je ne sais quoi that elevates them. If we can glean anything from the 32-year-old beauty pageant royal, it's that it's all about how you style and wear them. Below, we round up 10 Pia Wurtzbach-approved tops we're going to try wearing with our jeans next.
Here are 10 sultry tops that'll dress up your jeans, as seen on Pia Wurtzbach
1. Let's start things off with an ever-so-reliable white tank top. Seen on the likes of Cindy Crawford and Queen P herself, it always signifies Americana when worn with medium wash denim. Go for a ribbed one with some button details for some added texture.
2. A white wrap top is also a great option to keep you cool throughout the day, not to mention it also does some dutiful highlighting to your chest area. Slip it on with a rattan bag and some shades, and you're ready to go straight from the streets to sandy shores.
3. For more a modest option, go for a cami top with a square neckline and rope-like shoulder straps. It's a classy look that covers you up, but still offers some much needed flair.
4. Pia seems to have a penchant for white tops, and so do we! Here, she's making a case for wearing a figure-hugging bustier top with intricate hem details. She lets the tube be the star of the show, with minimal jewelry and her dark-wash jeans being the perfect supporting characters.
5. If you're going to invest in any of these tops, it best be this one. Take our (and Pia's) word for it: A white crop top will literally go with anything! The 32-year-old beauty queen wears hers with a loose gray blazer and her denims. It's a fuss-free look you can easily throw on for any Zoom calls or online events.
6. Moving on to the white tank top's just-as-essential sibling, a black tank is also suitable for any casual occasion. It's a sleek choice to pair with jeans and brown sandals. Just like its lighter counterpart, it opens itself to any possible layering.
7. Something about a slinky black bodysuit with cut-outs just unleashes the inner femme fatale in you, so you best own it! Go for medium rise jeans to highlight the innate sultriness of the top.
8. Printed swimsuits aren't just for pool days anymore. Wear your favorite one with a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans for an easy, casual look that's comfortable but still has some edge to it.
9. We adore this light yellow cropped baby tee on Queen P. It's the optimal option for days you wanna wear some color while showing off your toned bod. Tip: If ever you have a tan, wear tops in warmer tones of yellow or red to complement your bronzy skin.
10. Last but definitely not least, a printed scarf top is just what every stylish hubadera girl needs in their wardrobe. When you're already donning this much color, why stop there? Rock your favorite pair of delightfully vibrant heels (with a matching handbag, of course) to complete the off-duty model look.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!