Over the holidays, we spotted celebs flying to Boracay, Balesin, and El Nido for a dose of vitamin sea—and Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach was one of those who headed to the beach to celebrated the new year. With boyfriend Jeremy Jauncey, famed-travel blogger and founder of Beautiful Destinations (@beautifuldestinations), an acclaimed travel guide, the power couple took a short but much-needed vacay to the Instagrammable island of the Maldives.
The couple loves to travel, but due to health and safety restrictions in the UK, their flight plans have been scarce. (Remember to always check travel requirements first before booking a flight in this pandemic!) Though last August, the two were seen in Greece to celebrate Jeremy’s 36th birthday!
To welcome the new year, Pia and Jeremy opted for a beach getaway at Joali Maldives Resort, a 45-minute seaplane ride from Male, Maldives. They’ve been staying there since NYE and actually celebrated their first year anniversary at the resort, too! Pia, of course, dressed to impress, and the beauty queen packed some simple yet stylish ‘fits that are perfect for her time in paradise.
Here, we round up Pia Wurtzbach’s double tap-worthy OOTDs in Maldives:
1. For a dinner by the beach, Pia wore a corseted, scooped-neck white dress that she effortlessly styled with simple black flipflops and minimal ivory accessories. Talk about dressing down an otherwise red carpet-worthy frock!
2. Did you know that this Versace swimsuit costs approximately P31,000? We love how Pia paired this low back maillot with cropped trousers as it flaunted her curves perfectly. Pia also wore it for her trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
3. High cut swimsuits are undeniably a celeb and influencer favorite. The beauty queen kept it modest by wearing a rayon button-down shirt dress as a cover-up while enjoying the Maldives sunset.
4. We all know that an LBD is always a good idea. Pia wore a simple tie-string dress while biking around the resort with Jeremy.
5. The beauty queen definitely knows how to layer her beach outfits! Here, Pia does a clever take on monochrome dressing by playing with two shades of green: apple and olive.
6. A triangle bikini OOTD is a must, especially if you’ve got the curves to flaunt like Pia! We love the subtle animal print piping that adds a touch of fun to her otherwise basic black bikini. Cheeky yet chic!