The ten students who made it to this year's Preview Emerging Talent Awards (PEFTA) embarked on a crucial stage in the competition: They presented their garments to the panel of judges, who would determine which five would make it to the final PEFTA roster. Monina Gatan, Li-J Eleazar, Jaypee Vendiola, Daniel Concepcion, Tipay Caintic, Danika Navarro, Vince Tolentino, James Imperial, Emir Yamamoto, and Rex Geronimo all presented their pieces to judges Pauline Juan, Robby Carmona, Inno Sotto, and Cesar Gaupo, who picked five who will join five other designers in the PEFTA fashion show in September. Click on the photo gallery to see what happened during the deliberation, and to see the students' creations.)
The final five student designers for PEFTA 2012 include:
- Monina Gatan, Slim's Fashion and Arts School
- Li-J Eleazar, Slim's Fashion and Arts School
- Tipay Caintic, School of Fashion and the Arts
- Vince Tolentino, School of Fashion and the Arts
- Emir Yamamoto, Fashion Institute of the Philippines
These designers will now be tasked to complete a 6-piece collection for September's culminating event. Watch this space for more updates on the competition!
For more on PEFTA, click here.