After eight weeks of fierce competition, jaw-dropping performances, and enough shade to last us decades, it's finally time to crown the Philippines' first-ever Drag Superstar. The sheer display of queer excellence on Drag Race Philippines has had everyone on the edge of their seats, with each contestant being as worthy of our adoration as the next.
Aside from the 12 glamazons who've walked through the werkroom, Mawma Pao (a.k.a. Paolo Ballesteros), the show's host and main judge herself, has been dishing out some of the most stunning transformations on the catwalk. Each of her ensembles were crafted by some of the best young designers in the country today, making every episode a showcase of the incredible talent we have on our shores. Chart all of Mawma Pao's runway looks below:
LOOK: Paolo Ballesteros' Show-Stopping Looks on Drag Race PH Season 1
1. For the show's pilot episode, Mawma Pao dressed herself in our flag's patriotic hues. Designed and made by herself, the ensemble had a metallic mermaid skirt, an off-shoulder bustier with red and blue capes, and a gold headpiece glistening like the eight rays of the sun.
2. Next up, the series' host donned a whimsical Ehrran Montoya creation. The serpentine gown had crystallized orange panels lined with black and white streaks, imitating the appearance of butterfly wings. Perched on her wig was a Job Dacon headpiece composed of the fluttering creatures.
3. The fairest lily in the valley, Mawma Pao strutted down the catwalk in a black velvet Jan Garcia gown, adorned with large white petal appliques and a matching turban. Gold earrings by Farah Abu added a delicate finish to the look.
4. Alert: Hurricane Paolo incoming! Mawma Pao was the most fabulous whirlwind in a bluish-gray Mara Chua ball gown, completed with tassel earrings, sharp crystallized talons, and a Job Dacon topper.
5. The actor-host took us to church with a sublime Gerald Farofaldane green gown. It featured strong jutted-out shoulders and a rhinestone-embellished cross. Can we get an amen up in here?
6. A vision in pastel tones, Mawma Pao was the queen of the fairies in a dreamy Carl Arcusa dress. The exquisite piece had bundles of blue and yellow tulle from chest to toe, making the drag artist look like she was floating down the runway.
7. Rocking an edgier look on the next episode, Mawma Pao was dressed in Erjohn Dela Serna. The rockstar-worthy ensemble was composed of tribal-inspired prints, an iridescent skirt, gold thigh-high boots, and cool earcuffs by Farah Abu.
8. Care of Roman Sebastian, Mawma Pao was ready for battle in an intricately-done gold corset, a segmented skirt, and baroque-style shoulder details.
9. During the season's penultimate episode, the judges panel had a black and white dress code. Crafted once again by Ehrran Montoya, Mawma Pao wore a fully-beaded gown with a larger-than-life bow by her neck. Stunning!
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!