Avid goers would know just how fun museums can be. Whether you’re into contemporary art or ancient artifacts, you’ll always find something riveting and inspiring to look at. Plus, let’s not forget the fact that galleries are often synonymous with beautiful architecture and interiors, making them some of the most IG-worthy OOTD spots in any city!
Thus, choosing the right outfit for your next museum trip is an endeavor in and of itself. Whether you’re aiming for a sleek, Parisian-inspired all-black look or a ‘90s casual ensemble, remember to ensure that your OOTD will stand out and complement the space!
Below, we've compiled some chic outfit ideas you'll easily be able to recreate. Check them out!
12 Outfits for Museums, As Seen on Celebs and Influencers:
1. White Cowl Neck Cami Top + High-Waisted Cigarette Jeans + Denim Jacket + Black Booties + Chain Bag
When in doubt, cozy up in denim. Keep the look fresh by wearing a white spagetti strap top and simple hoop earrings. For a touch of luxury, tote a designer handbag, like Janine Gutierrez's Gucci Dionysus.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Boxy White Blouse + High-Waisted Jeans + Rectangular Sunglasses
Draw inspiration from an art gallery's pristine white walls and go for a clean, neutral outfit. Accessorize with opaque, angular sunnies to add understated drama to your look.
3. Black Turtleneck + Taupe Trousers + Black Belt + White Sneakers
Adjacent to the model-off-duty look is the artist-on-a-weekend look. Think a moody black turtleneck, functional pants, and gloriously beat-up sneakers. It's coolly casual and artsy without venturing into gauche.
4. Black Backless Crop Top + Black Tailored Trousers + Black Lace-Up Boots + Black Leather Tote
In this head-to-toe black OOTD, sleek meets steampunk. Go for streamlined silhouettes and disruptively cool boots.
5. Black Short-Sleeved Blouse + Black Leggings + Scarf + Black Boots
Punctuate a slim black ensemble with a bulky colored scarf. It's subtly chic and cozy at the same time!
6. Black Blazer + Jeans + Statement Tote Bag + Boots
Throw a casual blazer over a laidback errands outfit to make it look more put-together. To inject personality into the look, carry a canvas tote with an eye-catching print or relevant text.
7. White Scoop Back Bodysuit + White Denim Shorts + Earthy Slides + White Sunglasses
Some art galleries and museums are located in sprawling networks of buildings, and even incorporate outdoor spaces. If you'll be visiting such a place, it might be best to give boots and blazers a rest, and instead go for a fresh, heat-friendly outfit. Consider wearing a backless bodysuit, shorts, and comfy slides. The all-white scheme will surely be photogenic, too!
8. Baby Blue Cropped Blazer + Matching Top + Green Shorts + White Cowboy Boots + Mini Bag
When going to a contemporary art exhibition, you may want to match the vibe and wear a color blocked OOTD. Wear a cropped blazer, top, and high-waisted shorts in solid colors. Finish off the youthful and tasteful look with knee-high cowboy boots in white.
9. Micro Plaid Blazer + Vintage T-Shirt + Denim Cutoff Shorts + Mini Cross Body Bag + Knee-High Boots
Got a taste for vintage pieces? Pile them on during your next museum visit. Grab a jersey or any similar top, a pair of denim cutoffs, and layer with a retro oversized office blazer. Finish off the OOTD with tall leather boots and an itty-bitty bag.
10. Cropped Long-Sleeved Vintage Shirt + Baggy Jeans + Platform Boots
Channel a character from a '90s coming-of-age film and rock a striped dad shirt, baggy jeans, and heavy duty Dr. Martens lace-up boots. As for the accessories, wear slim oval sunglasses, a campy pendant necklace, and stacked metal rings.
11. Sheer Blouse + Racerback Top + Baggy White Pants + Black Belt + White High Top Sneakers + Logo Clutch
Want to give a a super casual outfit a whimsical touch? Simply wear a sheer topper, like, say, a puff sleeve organza blouse. Offset the princessy silhouette by wearing a sporty inner, like a racerback tank. Keep the rest of the outfit comfy by wearing loose trousers and trusty sneakers.
12. Knitted Vest + Mom Jeans + Contrast Go-go Boots
Here's a slightly hubadera take on the knitted vest trend. If you dare, skip the inner and team the vest with blue mom jeans and contrast go-go boots.