It's happened to most of us—you find yourself knowing your budget to the T and keeping a mental map of which stores to visit. Then you chance upon the men's section, and think to yourself, "If only this was meant for the ladies," while wistfully sighing at the cute printed polo you'd much rather buy for yourself. Well, newsflash—it's 2018 and style can be as versatile as we want it to be! If you're wondering how you can pull off menswear and still look chic, below are some tips:
1. Pair a plaid blazer with striped trousers.
Wear a white tank top underneath so you don't feel sweaty and copy this look on Margaret Zhang:
Alternatively, you can wear a bright blue polo with peeking through your plaid blazer, too:
2. A bright-colored work jacket looks great with a neutral-toned button-down.
Make that color pop by keeping the rest of your ensemble in neutral colors, as seen on Samantha Lee:
3. Found a cute jacket that's two sizes too large? Pair it with skinny jeans and colorful sneakers to strike a balance.
Wear a cheeky bandana on your head for additional style points, a la Sandara Park:
Laureen Uy makes this combo look pretty effortless:
4. Try pairing a striped button-down with black pants and booties.
You can throw ona dark jacket like Kehlani did if it gets too cold:
5. How about layering for a night out? Try wearing an oversized blazer over a dark top paired with black trousers for a statement lewk.
You can wear this with a belt bag, too! Check out Lauren Tsai's outfit below:
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.