Content creator Aika Agustin knows a thing or two about show-stopping outfits (she is one of maximalist Gen Z’s favorite fashion influencers after all), so, you can leave it to her to spice up even the most mundane looks. One scroll on her Instagram page will let you see her penchant for inserting her personal brand of fun into every outfit. Even when she’s wearing something as simple as a plain top and pair of jeans, there’s always a quirky hat, funky bag, or fun jewelry to set it apart.
She’s definitely become a go-to inspiration when we’re in a style rut, and so today, we’re running down a few of our favorite looks of hers. We’re choosing those of a more neutral palette, so you can see how to inject her type of flare into your simpler everyday looks–scroll along.
LOOK: How to Spice Up Neutral Outfits, As Seen on YouTuber Aika Agustin
1. If you have a little white dress in your closet that you’ve grown bored of wearing, here’s the perfect way to spice it up–Aika wears hers with a pair of two-tone shoes and a pink minibag. Feel free to apply the same styling formula to your go-to LBDs, too.
2. Here’s a style lesson to learn from Aika’s look: Keep neutral outfits dimensional by mixing textures. Although her outfit’s color palette stays on the safe side, it sees a mix of ribbed textiles of different widths, denim, and leather all in one. It’s the farthest thing from boring as far as neutral outfits go.
3. Bring a little funkiness to the everyday black T-shirt and denim shorts combination with a bold choice of accessories. Aika shows us how it’s done with her chunky black loafers, which she wears with ankle-length socks and a fluffy cheetah-print messenger bag. Consider your next errand run outfit unlocked.
4. There’s something about a vintage purse that adds so much character to an outfit. Take a look at Aika’s simple tank top and blue jean combination, that goes from ho-hum to aughts starlet with the simple addition of a striped baguette bag. If you need a sign to finally head into your mom’s closet to dig up her vintage, here it is.
5. The most obvious choice for a cutout dress is a pair of strappy heels that carries on the sexiness, but, Aika suggests switching it up with a pair of chunky sneakers. She wears a textured neutral dress with a pair of classic white trainers for a travel look that’s as sexy as it is functional.
6. Long live the Bratz Doll shoes! The ultra-high, bubblegum-colored platforms have been all the rage, and Aika makes a good case for their surprising versatility. She styles it with a casual (almost sporty) outfit for a contrast that’s unexpected, but super fun.
7. Whoever said black-and-white was boring has clearly never seen sky-high platform boots. It hints at a dominatrix style, bringing an undeniable edge to any look. Aika styles her with a newspaper print tube top and black mini skirt, really doubling down on that unapologetic sexiness.
8. A more-subtle-than-subtle way to inject color into your neutral outfit? A bright undershirt. Aika shows us how it’s done by wearing a big, boxy shirt, denim skirt, and tote bag (all of which are in muted colors), and throwing on a bright green top underneath, just barely peeking through her button-down. Try to go up a notch with a colored bralette, or even a patterned tube top.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!