Your wedding, your say. If you can't envision yourself floating down the aisle in a ball gown, no matter how unusual the color or cut, by all means—let go of that idea. You might feel more comfortable power-walking in a sleek suit.
Bridal tuxes are just about as diverse as dresses. You can get one in just about any textile—lace, satin, organza, cotton, jacquard—you name it! The styles are just as diverse, too. You can cutstomize your blazer, inner blouse, trousers, and accessories. So if you're worried about looking inelastic and boxy on your big day, know that there are a lot of options, and that you don't have to settle with a material and style that don't exactly meet your expectations.
The bridal suit is far from being a new concept. Luxury bridal brand Pronovias creates bridal tuxedos, and wedding boutiques worldwide surely have a stunning variety of offerings as well, so you won't run out of inspo for your wedding board. If you're on the hunt for pegs for your wedding suit, take a look at our list below!
10 Minimalist, Polished Bridal Suit Pegs
1. Give your powerwalk more wind with a caped double-breasted tuxedo. The oversized notched lapels are foxy and commanding, while the languid pants balance out the severity of the blazer's silhouette.
Brides who want to make a statement can do something interesting with the cape's lining: Instead of white satin lining, one can opt for a different color or textile, à la Valentino.
2. Lace lovers, you can still have your moment. Opt for a strong-shouldered lace suit with a bell-shaped waist and symmetrical pockets, and a flared pant with slits along the side. Counteract the broad shapes with the pointiest, foxiest boot you can find.
3. Care for a wrap-style blazer with a sleek cape in lieu of sleeves? If you're having your wedding in a warmer location, this breezy style might be the best option for you. The high-waisted trousers are moderately fitted, and won't be too restrictive.
4. A boxy silhouette is effortlessly chic. Minimalist brides will love the fully streamlined shapes and flowy fabric—and those floor-length semi-flared pants make a statement without being over-the-top. A pair of flat thong sandals will complete the sleek look.
5. If a proper tuxedo is too stiff for you, inject coquettish femininity into your look by donning a lace corset. You can even opt to wear three-fourth sleeves to allow for more movement. A pair of high-waisted cigarette trousers will look polished and chic! If you want to add a belt, go for it!
6. Sheers are really having a moment! If you have a heart-shaped jumpsuit that you want to turn into a bridal suit, consider donning an organza trench coat over it. It's fresh, flirty, and totally unique. The bow is optional—you can opt to take it off, or have it replaced with a wide belt to keep the fabric cinched.
7. Petite brides will love this! The embellishments and flair on this suit will look becoming on slender figures. We're seeing structured, pointy shoulders, a shawl lapel, a ribbon, and glittery trimming on both the blazer and the floor-length pant. For a sultry look, you can wear the blazer on its own as seen in the photo.
8. Can't decide between a tuxedo and a gown? Just wear a long cape that doubles as a train, and a beaded sweetheart inner that resembles the bodice of a traditional wedding dress.
For a hint of runway chic, tie the whole look together with a bold monogram-bearing belt.
9. Lovers of vintage fashion should consider trading in a lacy bodice or corset with a sleek ivory waistcoat.
Team it with an immaculate blazer with a shawl lapel, and accent the look with a precious brooch. Fashion-forward brides will take this opportunity to wear a showstopping shoe.
10. Here's a coolly casual '70s take on the bridal pantsuit: Try a cropped, buttonless blazer and languid high-waisted pants.
The easy shapes are bound to flatter any bride. What's more is that you'll be able to wear this suit post-wedding, since it's so stylish.
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!