Let's be real: 2014's Celine-inspired minimalist look has become a tad passé. While we'll always hold a special reverence for Phoebe Philo's iconic legacy (we miss her already, TBH), it's time for an update via some cool, current outfit inspo! Don't get us wrong, though, minimalism will always be a thing—all we're saying is that, as fashion often does, it's morphed in favor of certain silhouettes and has left some behind. See what we mean, below!
1. Monochrome beige is having a moment, and so is suiting! Fuse both in one tasteful go.
2. Texture is key! Leather looks great tucked into frayed cream denims.
3. We love ourselves an earthy palette of olives and khakis. Inject a summery vibe with a woven tote and breezy linens!
4. Trade in your culottes for a pair of bike shorts, then team with barely-there strappy sandals and a purse that fits snugly under your arm.
5. No need to fear color! Dip a toe in via a soft blush hue and trendy-yet-understated trench details.
6. Big, boxy shoulders and cable-knit cardigans have made a comeback, too, by the way! They're the perfect accent to your tried-and-tested tee-and-jeans combo.
7. Your trusty white shirt, but with puffed sleeves? It's a yes from us. Wear over simple trousers and a bigger version of your usual black belt.
8. Toss your silken slip under a blazer borrowed from the boys. Brooches are optional but very much encouraged.
9. This might be the year you finally invest in a pair of black boots. See how easy they are to style! Don't forget to layer on the delicate gold necklaces.
10. Throw in interesting touches like asymmetrical denim and Margiela's Tabi square toes.