Midi dresses are just as comfortable to wear as your overused jeans or leggings when traveling. They're not too short that you'll have to constantly tug at your skirt and not too long that you'll end up sweeping the dirty road. It's fairly easy to move around in this breezy piece. And the best part? The demure length gives off an effortless, dainty vibe. So why not pack them in your suitcase for your next flight abroad?
If you need a little more convincing, here are more perks of rocking this closet staple when traveling:
1. Midi dresses are super easy to slip on.
They make dressing up and even packing a breeze; there's no need to go through the hassle of figuring out what top goes with what. Plus, they help you travel light, too.
2. Flying off to a warm destination? Loose, midi dresses that don't cling to your body will help you stay cool yet picture-perfect while touring around the city.
Be on the lookout for lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen that absorbs sweat and dries up quick.
Bonus: It can also double as a chic beach outfit.
3. On the flip side, midi dresses are cold weather-appropriate.
With its mid-length that only allows your ankles to peek through, midi dresses (preferably those that are made from cozier fabrics like wool or stretch cotton) can keep you all warm and toasty. They're perfect for those slightly chilly destinations!
4. A loose, midi frock makes room for layering.
Take it from a frequent flyer Maxene Magalona who bundled up for Tokyo's cool temps by pairing her midi dress with leggings and a trench coat.
Tip: You can opt for Heattech leggings if you feel cold easily to ensure your legs won't end up shivering!
Heattech Leggings, P790, UNIQLO, SM Megamall
5. You can take it from the streets straight to a fancy bar without having to switch clothes.
When they come in dark hues like blue or black, these mid-length dresses make for a versatile day-to-night piece to pack in your suitcase.
6. Lazy ladies, rejoice: Printed midi dresses are your easy solution to looking camera-ready on your next travel photo.
A printed piece will make you standout against any backdrop.
7. They make an interesting contrast to your comfy, travel-appropriate footwear like sneakers.
8. Unlike maxi dresses, this ankle-grazing frock is made for walking—no matter the location!
The hemline moves past your knees, but it's not too long that it'll make you trip.
Shop for your own midi dress below:
Francine Button Down Midi Dress, P2399.20, THE___EDIT, Zalora
Checked Linen Dress, P2995, MANGO, Greenbelt 5
Madrid Dress, P2850, STYLE STAPLE, instagram.com/stylestaple
Selena Dress, P2495, UNDO CLOTHING, undoclothing.com
Long Summer Nights Midi Dress, P1900, JUANITA THE LABEL, Beautymnl
Polka Dot Satin Dress, P2495, ZARA, Zara
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.