Actress Kim Go Eun is no minor name. Though you might remember her best from her starring role as a ghost-seeing high school kid in 2016's smash hit K-drama Goblin, she's had a string of critically-acclaimed acting performances prior to the small screen—take controversial flick A Muse (2012) and femme-driven thriller film Coin Locker Girl (2015) as but two examples.
This is precisely why when word started buzzing that she was set to be Lee Min Ho's newest leading lady for the period drama The King: The Eternal Monarch, you can bet our jaws hit the floor. Talk about a dream team! A source from production company Hwa&Dam Pictures said: "The King: The Eternal Monarch will be a fantasy romance drama that goes between two parallel universes of the Republic of Korea and the Empire of Korea. Kim Go Eun will take on two different roles, as detective Jung Tae Eul in the Republic of Korea and the criminal Luna in the Empire of Korea.”
We're excited to see this pair of certified top-tier stars work together! In the meantime, while waiting for the show's slated 2020 airing date, have a peek at Go Eun's elegant personal style. She's a Chanel muse, by the way, so anticipate some very tasteful looks.
1. Here she is looking extra-fresh in pristine, subtly sparkly white tweed at the Chanel x Pharrell Capsule Collection launch party in Seoul.
2. Speaking of tweed, we adore this all-beige 'fit, too. So, so chic.
3. Fun fact: Go Eun's television debut came via Cheese In The Trap, where she played a hardworking, struggling college student opposite Park Hae Jin. She donned this demure outfit for the series' press conference.
4. Loving this dainty, grownup pinafore she wore to the premiere of Memories of the Sword.
5. She stunned in this sweet, ruffled tangerine frock at the press conference for Sunset in My Hometown.