It’s been over a year full of virtual movie nights and hang outs, and we certainly miss the times when it was easier to plan an afternoon date with your best friends. However, we all know how hard it is to be stuck inside a bubble deprived of human touch when we just want to be surrounded by the people who inspire us to live life to the fullest. There is also no denying that it takes extra work to keep the connection strong when it’s been a while since you’ve seen them.
Just like Kathryn Bernado and her barkada (Gabbi Garcia, Ria Atayde, Bianca Yanga, and Aeriel Garcia), she shares in her recent YouTube video the reason why their friendship has lasted this long. The group casually discusses it as they eat their favorite Filipino dishes. According to her friend Ria, “We don’t demand so much from each other as friends. Alam natin na even if a lot of people come into our lives, at the end of the day, we still matter to each other.” Kath also chimes in by sharing that knowing how they all have careers and responsibilities, it’s unavoidable to have different busy schedules. She emphasizes that the most important thing that they practice is that they always make time no matter what.
Towards the end, Gabbi further adds that it’s also a matter of choice to stay intact and to really reserve time to celebrate milestones together. “Not just the small wins but of course, pati rin yung mga failures. We acknowledge it,” Kath adds. The barkada agrees that it all goes down to communication—not being afraid to call out on each other or to confront when something is wrong, and that it is always a safe space for them to be themselves. Bianca explains that those failures are actually lessons that helped them grow as individuals and as a group, in which Aeriel then concludes, “Kasi ito na ‘yun eh, hanggang pagtanda na natin ‘to.” Can you imagine little versions of them running around in an intimate vacation at their dream rest house? Honestly, that'd be too adorable to handle!
Aside from the heartwarming talk about their long-term friendship, the group has also graced Kath’s TGIS studio in perfectly coordinated monochrome outfits! It is apparent that these girls have taken the chance to make this simple get together worthwhile because of how cute their neutral-toned OOTDs were. After all, if you can’t have a girls’ night out yet, color matching outfits are the next most fun idea you can pull off with your barkada for a quick photo-op!
Take a look at Kathryn’s barkada in their neutral monochrome ‘fits:
1. Kath went for a classic t-shirt and jeans combo. She picked out this specific tee for its amber-hued graphic design. Tucking it in her brown trousers and cinching her waist with a black leather belt, this smart casual prioritizes comfort while still being stylish.
2. For Gabbi, she paired her nude tube top underneath a matching neutral collared polo with brown trousers. This one’s perfect for the rainy yet humid weather this season! You can easily remove the polo when it’s starting to get hot or put it back on when it’s chilly.
3. It looks like Ria chose a square neckline neutral co-ords for an easy breezy loungewear ‘fit. Not only does it exude femininity but also makes anyone look effortlessly put together.
4. Bianca wore a mustard yellow blazer with a v-line top. She tied her formal monochrome look altogether with flowy brown trousers.
5. Here’s another cute casual OOTD from Aeriel. She tucks in a brown top with high-waisted blue jeans and finishes it off with a black buckle waist belt. On top of that, she tones it down with a light brown denim jacket.
You can watch the full video here:
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!