High fashion doesn’t always trickle down to the streets. But every so often, an It item comes along and becomes an Instagram sensation. Take Jacquemus’ Le Chapeau Bomba hat from the French brand’s La Bomba collection.
The giant straw hat was an obvious scene-stealer on the catwalk, and when worn at the beach, it can become the statement accessory you never knew you needed.
FYI, this exaggerated accessory underlines the hottest trend this summer: straw hats. Chanel's take on it comes in a small, flat version; meanwhile, at Gucci, wide-brimmed hats are tied under the chin with a ribbon.
Chanel Cruise 2019
Gucci Cruise 2019
Jacquemus' La Bomba hat may seem like an impractical purchase as it can be challenging to transport and tricky to stow away. But would you believe that it's reportedly been in demand across the globe? We can't blame its patrons, though. The hat itself bears a comical or even paradoxical symbolism that lets the wearer hide from a crowd (or, you know, the harsh sun) and at the same time get noticed.
As we speak, this La Bomba hat has been taking over Instagram. For more proof, here are the blogger-approved ways they're wearing it! (Feel free to employ these tricks with your regular straw hats, too.)
1. Like Liz Uy, hold the hat up with both of your hands.
2. Go practice maximalism by the pool. A large hat calls for a large pair of earrings, as demonstrated by Sandra Bauknecht.
3. Pernille Teisbaek makes this statement accessory (almost) office-friendly. See how she rolled the hat so it doesn't look too bulky?
4. Look up and find your light, says Molly Chiang. But don't let the sun blind you—you've got a pretty hat to thank for this!
5. Maybe grab a friend and fool your IG followers that you're posing nude. They'll never know!
6. For Denni Elias, beach towels are old news if you have this hat.
7. It also makes a good IG backdrop apparently...
8. And a good alternative to a wedding veil. So chic!