When it comes to the perfect summer outfit, a few things factor in—the breathability of the fabric, the flow of the silhouette (no way we’re wearing clothes that stick to our skin), and the overall style (because we still want to look put-together even when it’s 33 degrees out). What all these point to is one simple item: a summer dress.
If you’re not into the fashion piece, don’t discount it just yet. As you’ll come to discover, this item comes in a range of styles—from those of a daintier nature (like petite florals and Bridgerton-type cuts) to those of a more minimal approach (like shapeless silhouettes and unembellished styles). You’re bound to find one that deserves a spot in your summer wardrobe.
To find the ideal summer dress inspiration, we looked to none other than content creator Kryz Uy. With a fashion sense that’s always on the easy, effortless, and feminine side, you’ll often spot her wearing a good one. There are countless examples on her Instagram feed that we actually found it difficult to narrow them down! But alas, it’s part of our job, and we found it rather stimulating to find picks that can easily be emulated by you, our readers.
Here are 8 times Kryz Uy inspired us to wear a summer dress:
1. We’ve come to recommend the LWD so many times, your ears probably hurt at this point. But we can’t help it, this piece is “freshness” defined. It's the type of dress that makes you want to slick your hair back and do a clean makeup look. Kryz’s pick is a floor-length tiered number with a garterized waist, and when styled with casual summer sandals and dainty gold jewelry, it looks absolutely angelic!
2. If you need a new I-have-five-minutes-to-get-ready outfit, look to this ensemble by Kryz. Here's a dress with just the right amount of details (no not need for further accessorizing), and a pair of heeled sandals to just slip on that'll also save you from any hard-to-tie strappy situations. It’s super easy to style, and somehow makes you look like you put in a ton of effort even when you just rolled out of bed a few moments earlier.
3. Here’s a secret: It’s actually pretty easy to wear loud colors when you do it with a summer dress. Take a look at this one worn by Kryz, in what’s typically considered to be a quite “out there” shade. Because it’s done in a casual, daytime-appropriate fabric and a straight-to-the-point silhouette, it’s surprisingly wearable. The next time you doubt that you can pull off a bright hue, keep this outfit in mind.
4. For the girl who wants to see her cottagecore fantasies come to life, get yourself a prairie dress for the summer. We adore it for the hot season for many reasons: it’s lightweight, dainty, and easy to just throw on and go. Kryz shows us how to style a prairie dress with a pair of white sandals that keeps to the freshness, and a bright yellow bag for a fun pop of color.
5. A dainty floral dress is as quintessential to summer as ice cream—the season isn’t complete without it! In any color, length, silhouette, or style, it makes its way into our wardrobe rotation when summer’s in full swing. Kryz wears a low-cut, floor-length number that’s as sultry as it is sweet. We love the addition of a closed shoe, an unexpected alternative to a strappy sandal, which makes the overall look feel more elevated.
6. This outfit is perfect for Sundays, or any other do-nothing type of day. We love the waistless shape, a.k.a. one of our go-to silhouettes when we feel the laziness creeping in. If you suddenly need to go out for last-minute brunch plans or an errand run, do it like Kryz and add on a bold pair of earrings. No one will ever guess that you were just laying around the whole day.
7. From a poolside soiree to a garden picnic, there are infinite occasions to bring out a long tiered summer dress. Kryz wears hers right at home with a scrunchie on her head and bare feet. Being that we plan to wear one outside of the house, here’s how we’ll style it: with a pair of simple summer sandals and a fun woven bag for texture.
8. A strapless sundress is something we'd like to try more of, especially after a beach trip when we need to even out our tan lines. Kryz wears one that features a ruched bodice, ribbon-tie waist, and mid-length hem—a pretty versatile style that can work as well on the beach as it can in the city.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!