There is something so distinctly '90s opulent about the chain belt. Reminiscent of Chanel's runways from more than 20 years ago and the late, great Gianni Versace's signature gilded Italian glamour, it's an iconic accoutrement to the era's glitzy other side of the coin (though Calvin Klein's minimalism reigned supreme in those days, there were, of course, the quality exceptions). The great thing is that not much has changed about the way stylish girls are wearing it today, two decades later! Looped 'round the sky-high waists of faded mom jeans or dangling languidly from roomy, multi-pocketed cargos, here are some local celebs who are gladly linking up.
1. Liz Uy is this relic's foremost champion. She's paired it with a sand-hued suit and tough-chick high-shine leather, proving that it's versatile enough to play both bad and good cop.
2. Logo buckles are still having a moment right now, but Liza Soberano's updated the trend even further by choosing a letter-charmed Chanel version to go with her cool, loose look.
3. Anchor a blazer dress with a blingy H&M x Moschino number like Camille Co does.
4. The figure-hugging white tank top and strappy, kitten-heeled sandals Sarah Lahbati's got on are a simple recipe to looking uber-current.
5. You don't necessarily have to cinch, says Jess Connelly. If you're not feeling it, just let your links dangle against a nonchalant, street-smart hip.
6. Bea Marin seconds the motion, softening edges with a summery white eyelet blouse.
7. Another advocate of Chanel chic: Nadine Lustre.
8. Kelsey Merritt's recent Coachella jaunt had us angling for a bit of fringed crochet in our wardrobes.
9. What rhymes with green? Jeline. An emerald and mint monochromatic 'fit is blogger Jeline Catt's quick fix.