Unless you’ve been living under rock, then you probably already know that the Y2K trend is here to stay—and we’re all for it! With candy colors, adorable beads, and the perfect blend of sporty-cool and babydoll-cute, thousands of people both local and international have inspired us by posting their Y2K OOTDs online.
Although, we do know that it’s an intimidating style to rush into. Like every aesthetic, the Y2K style is not for everyone. But if you’re just dying to add that nostalgic charm into your outfits, then we recommend accessorizing first. Below, we’ve rounded up seven ways our favorite Gen Z celebrities style Y2K accessories. Try them out, and maybe the Y2K aesthetic will be a mainstay in your style!
How to Style Y2K Accessories, According to Gen Z celebrities
1. Butterfly clips are a must have for all Y2K style enthusiasts. Not only are they super cute, but they come in a variety of colors to match any outfit. Heaven Peralejo uses them in three colors to adorn her locks and match her tie-dye shirt and beaded necklaces!
2. Who knew our go-to school hair accessory would be so popular in the future? Bring out your favorite cloth headbands to exude a dainty, school-girl chic vibe. We recommend getting cloth bands in plain colors so that they are versatile and easier to pair with your OOTDs.
3. Barrettes are great for keeping your hair out of your face while also making sure you look ultra cute! For some more glitzy bling, cop Janella Salvador’s look by sliding on some crystal clips.
4. Keep accessories in the same color family! Here, Julia Barretto pairs her flower clip with orange and creamsicle rings (all from her brand The Juju Club) to go with her dress. It’s an easy way to incorporate an adorable Y2K touch while keeping a refined look.
5. For the minimalists who want in on the Y2K trend, a simple but eye-catching pendant may be your best bet. Opt for pendants in sweet shapes such as hearts and diamonds for that early 2000s look.
6. Bring out your favorite logo cap and pair it with a more feminine outfit to rock a look that’s sporty and chic. Juliana Gomez’s cap adds a cool-girl touch to her beach OOTD. Perfect for the summer!
7. Make a subtle yet adorable statement by using a bandana as a pop of color against a monochromatic outfit. Look at how cute Kyline Alcantara’s get-up looks with her green knitted bandana!
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!