Rain automatically means puddles to splash in...something that sadly has not been a welcome diversion since we were little children. These shoes cost a pretty penny, after all! If protection from the elements is what you're after, though, consider the boot. Any notion of it being bold or risque ought to be chucked right out the window; it's an essential that you'll find will age gracefully into a beloved, dependable closet staple. Here, to ease you in, 10 quick-chic, easy ways to style a pair come gray skies and a downpour.
1. Lilac and Liz Uy equal an ideal combo.
2. A simple white tee, wide-leg jeans, and tan blazer spruce up care of Renee de Guzman's kitten-heeled Gucci kicks.
3. Head-to-toe black has never looked sweeter. Channel beribboned old-world romance in Tricia Gosingtian's sombre take.
4. To hit the streets (or, you know, The Aivee Clinic) like Sarah Lahbati does, just toss on your Balenciaga hoodie over some denims and strut.
5. Speaking of logos, get really weatherproof in Laureen Uy's oversized windbreaker-slash-mini dress.
6. Should it turn too warm indoors, shrug off your jacket to bare a slinky fringed slip a la Nicole Andersson. Cheers!
7. On the other hand, if you're headed to the office, clean up well sans sacrificing a bit of fun in a subtly patterned midi frock (make sure it's long enough to brush over the top of your boots!) and tangerine suit jacket. Linda Tol demonstrates.
8. Aimee Song's short, pistachio-hued tweed co-ords are feeding us the Clueless vibes we're endlessly craving.
9. A cool transitional lewk, according to Courtney Trop: Throw some trousers over that maillot you wore to death all summer. We suggest toting a cute cardigan along, too.
10. Now's the time to sample a touch of the wild side. Yanyan Chan's zebra-striped mini is the perfect introduction.