There's no denying that you can absolutely, positively wear whatever you like and however you like it, but time's proven that some things simply look great on everyone. Today's example: the a-line skirt! Its flared-out shape cinches your waist without clinging too much and gives your legs ample room to walk. Whether you prefer yours long or short, check out how seven of Instagram's best dressed gals are styling theirs right now! We love an update on the classics.
1. Kim Jones' thigh-high boots aren't just for pants or minis. Toss a pair under a cherry-hued wrap and, if the weather just won't permit a sweater, team with a little white tee.
2. So sweet. Camille Co's trick is to tuck a striped pussybow blouse into a '60s mod-flavored number! We love the sugary touch low-heeled ballet flats and a vintage Versace purse lend.
3. Why not go for a pinafore? Bea Marin is proof that big girls can wear this kindergarten favorite, too, so long as you show a bit more skin and throw a pageboy cap on.
4. Chanel it up the way Renee de Guzman does! Pick out a cool boxy tweed jacket to layer over a zippered mini—don't forget the sock boots and Matrix-esque sunnies.
5. Who said the demure A-line couldn't come in acid-green denim! Ida Anduyan's raw-hemmed version goes great with an oversized slogan sweatshirt, Balenciaga sling, and coveted Louis Vuitton Archlights.
6. Laureen Uy's midi-length, black leather choice is a fantastic investment. Think of all the outfits you could use it as a canvas for! Here, she stays lowkey in a tee and white sneakers combo, opting to accessorize with only a paisley neckscarf and a Supreme camera carrier.
7. We've drilled this into your heads, but let us go again: Co-ords never fail. Melissa Gatchalian's little lavender fit is total candy but twice as tasty! That beaded handbag is divine.