500 unique nominations and two weeks later, Globe Tattoo has narrowed it down to 50 finalists across 10 categories for their first Tatt Awards. Consider it their way of giving accolades to the people at the forefront of the Pinoy cyberspace whose passion online have made impressions on netizens.
“We are very pleased and overwhelmed with the public’s response to the first ever Tatt Awards. It was really a challenge to all of us members of the Tatt Council as there are so many commendable entries that are worthy as finalists,” shares Tattoo Head of Nomadic Broadband Business, Dong Ronquillo.
Nominations were sent in via Facebook and it was up to the formidable members of the Tatt Council to whittle the list down. Apart from Dong, the council is made up of veteran journalist Maria Ressa, Rock Ed Philippines founder Gang Badoy, blogger du jour and entrepreneur Cecile Zamora-Van Straten, tech blogger Rico Mossesgeld, director and video blogger Kring Elenzano, RX radio DJ Chico Garcia, and the President of the Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines Hans Roxas-Chua.
Now the scores from these judges make up 90% of the nominees’ scores. The other 10% is based on the number of votes they get in the Tatt Awards site http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/tattawards/. Voting is open to anyone and will continue until August 24, 2011 at 11:59pm. The winners will be officially announced on August 26, 2011 and they will each receive P100,000 inclusive of cash and premium broadband products from Tattoo.
To know more about the Tatt Awards and to see all the nominees, visit http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/tattawards/.
Jump to the next page to find out the categories and nominees!
Click on the photo gallery to see who attended the Tatt Awards Finalists Night!