Ladies and gents, meet Maria Mika Maxine Medina—your new Miss Universe Philippines!
As you all already know, the 25-year-old morena beauty officially bagged the most coveted title last night, April 17, at the Binibining Pilipinas 2016 coronation night. Although the good news has been all over social media by now, an evening gown and swimwear competition plus a short Q&A are barely enough to get to know our newly crowned queen. That said, we did some more digging.
Below are photos that will tell you a wee bit more about the next #ConfidentlyBeautiful Filipina who'll be gunning for the Miss Universe title this year.
1. If she looks like a professional model, that’s because she is.
Maxine has been modeling since she was 18 and is signed with the Professional Models Association of the Philippines (PMAP).
2. This tall stunner stands 5’9”.
3. She can do her own makeup.
As a certified beauty queen should.
4. She’s happily in a relationship with actor and model Marx Topacio.
And they’ve been together for five years now. Sorry, guys.
5. She travels a lot, too!
From New York to California, Bali to Korea, this girl’s always off to another adventure.
6. She’s also a talented interior designer.
She took up Interior Design at De La Salle-College of St. Benilde and at the Philippine School of Interior Design.
7. She’s a total beach babe!
She’s almost always at the beach.
8. She’s a self-confessed “nature lover.”
9. She got it from her mama!
Maxine’s mom, Maria Fe Perez-Medina, also used to be a model herself. Guess it runs in the blood!
10. She regularly works out, too!
You didn’t think she got that pageant-worthy body just by sitting around doing nothing, did you?
11. The girl can surf.
And she’s off to catch some bigger waves next!
Photos from @maxine_medina on Instagram