Say hello to Bensimon! Pronounced "Benseemown," the French lifestyle brand is the latest to hit Philippine shores, hoping to impart a little bit of the Parisian lifestyle that perhaps some are not so familiar with: a more laid-back one, sipping into hot cups of tea at a neighborhood café, rather than the fast-paced, high-fashion urban jungle we know it to be.
From the same distributor of Havaianas, Terry S. A. brings in the sneaker brand which fits just right into your collection of basics and casual staples. Here, we give you five reasons why it was love at first sight for us:
1. COMFORT. Bensimon sneakers are comfortable enough to wear for long hours, everyday if you’d like, on whatever kind of terrain.
2. PERFECTLY IMPERFECT. Bensimon has a long heritage—and 30 years behind it—that takes pride in the artisan and handmade elements that go into each pair. Yes, paint smudge adds character.
3. VERSATILITY. Whether it’s grunge or sophisticated you’re going for, Bensimon sneakers are suited to the task. They become your trusty pair for errands and travel and everything in between.
4. SIMPLICITY. The overall look is easy-going and effortless chic.
5. COLORS, STYLES, AND EXTRAS. The footwear label has a vast array of colors and styles that let you pick as per your personality and gives you options to match your different looks. Bensimon is also an advocate for sponsoring art galleries to inspire individuals to design their own pairs.
Click on the photo gallery to view who got a pair at the launch.
Bensimon sneakers will be available in Center of Gravity (Forbes Town, Burgos Circle and Centris Walk), Shoe Salon (Glorietta 3, Power Plant, Robinsons Ermita, Shangri-La Plaza, and Trinoma), and Shoe Thing (Bonifacio High Street and TriNoma).