A number of clothing items rise to the top when summer comes along. These include tank tops, cut-off denim shorts, and, of course, flowy button-down tops. The latter of is quite possibly the most versatile of them all, since these pieces come in different cuts and prints, and can be worn in a variety of ways.
On our hunt for fresh takes on styling this all-around piece, we chanced upon the IG grid of EJ Nacion. The content creator's style is youthful, vibrant, and totally covet-worthy. Think statement pieces in candy colors, and wardrobe essentials in breezy, boxy silhouettes. This style philosophy is aptly applied to how they style button-down shirts, which makes them the perfect pegs for your own summer OOTDs.
Here are 7 button-down top outfits we're copying from EJ Nacion
1. There's ssomething about blue and white stripes that instantly signal an islander state of mind. Take a button-down top in the nautical print and layer it over your trunks and tank top. Nothing could be more beach-ready than this look!
2. Have a striking pair of swim shorts that deserve to be your OOTD's focal piece? Team it with a white top and throw on an oversized long-sleeve to really let it shine. Don't hesitate to throw on a printed bucket hat while you're at it.
3. Having a seaside dinner? Reach for a fail-safe striped button-down shirt and half-tuck it into a pair of light-toned pants. EJ accessorized their outfit with a headscarf, some necklaces, and a pair of shades. So fresh!
4. This is your sign to shop silk coords in summery hues. This lime-hued set was exactly what EJ needed to blend in with the palm trees and to look resort-ready.
5. Even if your summer plans are away from the shore, you can still look fresh in a button-down top. Simply tucking it in a pair of high-waisted trousers is an effortlessly chic way to style it. Take cues from EJ and match one of its tones with your pants for a cohesive look.
6. For a night out, your best option is to sport a button-down shirt in a fun, funky print with a pair of jeans. You'll definitely be standing out from the crowd in this 'fit!
7. Layering during the sunny season is almost unheard of, but EJ proves it's still possible. Their suggestion? Slip on a cami or spaghetti-strap top over your button-down shirt. It's definitely a more off-kilter way to rock the piece, but it's also undeniably cute. Love!
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!