If this past long weekend's been anything, it was hot. Like, literally. Summer's slowly-but-surely creeping its way in, and we're already thinking of ways to beat the heat! One of the hardest things ever has got to be dressing around sweltering climes and looking put-together at the same time, so step into a pair of shorts then let us do the talking. Here, five OOTD pegs you're gonna want to cop as the temperatures rise!
1. It's true and we won't deny it—shorts really do make us think of casual, dressed-down days. Kim Jones' pair is campaigning for the opposite, though! Seek out deets like a belted paperbag waist in crisp fabric for a look that's laidback yet polished.
2. Indoors but still aiming to stay cool? Play Parisienne and team your simple, no-fail black shorts with on-trend accoutrements like a beret, a text-peppered button-down, and a pair of loafer slides. Carry a black longline cardigan with you in case the AC kicks in!
3. Nothing like tried and trusty denims, in our opinion! A rainbow-striped, statement-sleeved top adds a fun twist, while embellished shower sandals keep things ultra chill.
4. Renee de Guzman is almost always in shorts, so we'll take her word for styling them chic: you can't go wrong with a black high-neck tee and block-heeled sock boots! We also like that she's got both checks and ruffles on her high-waisted pair. So current.
5. Ever considered buying a pair of suspenders? Now you've got every reason to. They're the perfect accessory to help make any OOTD a ton more interesting. We're all for that dandy-approved touch!