Dior is relentless in its pursuit of designer sneaker domination. Following the massive success of the Dior B23 and the Air Diors, which only the savviest (and loaded) sneakerheads were able to get their hands on, the Paris fashion house releases its latest, the Dior B27.
Don’t ask us about what happened to 24 to 26. Just know that the low- and high-top B27 sneakers, from the spring 2021 men’s collection, taps into Dior’s heritage and applies some skateboard vibes to become an essential object that sparks desire and also speaks of modern elegance.
The low-top variant of the B27 is reportedly sold for $926 per pair, while the high-top version goes for $1043.
You’ve probably already seen them, but here’s what you missed—all the hidden details that make them even more of a collector’s dream. Another tip: A few pairs of the Dior B27 sneakers will be available in Manila starting this weekend.
1. The Dior B27 sneaker combines the vintage look of ’80s tennis shoes and the vibe of skateboarding.
2. The designer sneaker is available in white, black, or gray, a nod to the signature shade of founder Christian Dior.
3. It’s embellished with an array of materials: smooth calf leather, soft nubuck, and the Dior Oblique jacquard or the Dior Oblique Galaxy in perforated leather.
4. It highlights the savoir-faire (expertise) of the petite mains (artisans) of Dior’s Italian workshops as seen in its edge dyeing and topstitching.
5. The Dior B27’s inlays are combined and layered to create a three-dimensional effect.
6. It reveals Dior’s codes in eyelets shaped after the iconic “CD” logo and “DIOR” embossed on the heel and inscribed on the sole.
The Dior B27 sneakers will be in Dior stores from November 2020
*This story originally appeared on Esquiremag.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.