Retro dressing is an art of its own. And who says you can’t pull them off? Just take notes from Chi Gibbs who has a closetful of vibrant-hued pieces and clever styling tips. Here are eight retro-inspired outfits worn by Chi Gibbs that you can recreate if you’re looking for a stylish and fun change in your OOTDs.
8 Bright, Retro-Inspired Outfits to Dress Like Chi Gibbs
1. Wear a patterned pastel sweater on top of a mini white dress, to serve as the focal point of the outfit. Complete the look with sunglasses, a crossbody bag, and a few rings for a polished touch.
2. Go full on color blocking by combining complementary colors such as green, orange, and purple.
3. If you want a foolproof, no-fuss look, opt for a dress with a vintage silhouette. Pair a cap-sleeved collared dress, wear half-zipped for a sexy touch, add a bucket hat full of colors and you’re good to go.
4. Feeling bright? How about this lemon yellow cropped sweater together with the gingham lime pants for starters?
5. If you feel like the heat just got unbearable, reach for a ruffle cami top with a plaid print pattern to pair with a solid color bottom. Don’t forget to accessorize, as usual, to finish the look.
6. A good co-ord set makes life uber easy. Go for a skirt and jacket set in a red gingham pattern, paired with a neutral tan top and your green croc bag.
7. Delicately chic, you may say? What about this white statement tee tucked in an orange midi skirt. Bonus if they match your cat-eye sunglasses! Finish off with a black bag and a nude lip.
8. If you’re not sure which colors are complementary. Choose a bright, solid one, instead, and go for it.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!