Chain mail's incoming, and it's definitely being passed around. Instagram's cool girls are looping chunky layers of silver links around their waists in this latest wave of '90s nostalgia! Once favored only by those pants-droppin', spitfire-rappin' kids on the street, the chain belt's been met with fresh fervor in 2018. Use it to cinch your wide-leg cargos or nonchalantly let it swing from the loops of your pants. However way you're hankering to wear yours, glean some styling ideas from these five reliable fashion plates.
1. Sweatpants get a chrome-plated update care of Ida Anduyan.
2. We've talked about this Nadine Lustre look before (remember that too-accurate Bratz doll reference?), but we won't be stopping anytime soon.
3. Jess Connelly turns an otherwise ordinary shirt-and-jeans combo ultra-current with a swathing of steel.
4. Punctuate gray denims with a flash of metal accent the way K-pop star Hyuna does.
5. Call it a throwback trend match made in heaven. By now, it's become apparent that chunky sneakers were pretty much made to be the chain belt's perfect pair. Bea Marin only drives the point!