Since the hit K-drama Crash Landing on You aired last December, Filipinos everywhere couldn’t get enough of the chemistry between the show’s stars, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. Naturally, fashionable fans of the show were also obsessed with the clothes, particularly the outfits of leading lady Son Ye Jin, who played the monied heiress Yoon Se Ri, as well as her North Korean counterpart, Seo Dan (played by the inimitable Seo Ji Hye).
If there was any fashion piece that Filipinos are still crazy about up to this day, it has to be Yoon Se Ri’s glamorous black sunglasses from Episode 12. We’re sure you know by now that these designer sunnies come from the South Korean brand Gentle Monster, a style staple across various K-dramas and Korean pop stars alike. Although Yoon Se Ri wore the model called Her T1 with tortoiseshell frames, CLOY fans have also snagged its black version, the Her 01.
Numerous celebs have joined the CLOY sunnies club, and we love how each one of them added their own flair when it came to styling the piece—proof that everyone could be a Yoon Se Ri in their own way! Here are five celebs that have made these iconic sunnies their own:
1. Anne Curtis keeps it casual by wearing the Her T1 with a simple black-and-white striped shirt. We loved how she subtly glammed up with minimalist dangling earrings!
2. Vlogger Michelle Dy sticks to Instagram trends by going for a cool blush tube top and geometric gold earrings and piercings as a dramatic accent. Sleek and chic!
3. Forever on-point Heart Evangelista brings the summer fun into her home by wearing the Her 01 with a marsala-colored linen button-down and a matching swimsuit worn as hot pants. Genius.
4. Sarah Lahbati channels her inner Yoon Se Ri in a way that’s appropriate with the city heat. Take cues from her by donning denim cutoffs and a trendy tank with ruched or ribbed details!
5. It appears that statement earrings are the trend when it comes to wearing Yoon Se Ri’s sunglasses! Here, Chie enlivens a white tube top with gold hoop earring and dainty piercings. Consider this as a Yoon Se Ri-approved pambahay look!