When living in a tropical country, your closet is basically made up of breezy basics that can beat the heat. Though jackets, turtlenecks, and knits are still a must for chilly days and traveling, there’s no denying that T-shirts and tank tops are every Filipina’s go-tos on the daily. The black tank top in particular is a non-negotiable wardrobe essential you at least own one of.
Though incredibly plain and simple, this basic top is more versatile thank you think. That said, we’re sure you’ve worn your trusty black tank so many times you’ve lost count. But we’re here to tell you there’s more to the typical “tank top and jeans/shorts” casual ‘fit. You can actually look pretty polished in it, too! Ahead, we rounded up some outfit ideas that will instantly transform this classic hubadera piece into a sophisticated top.
15 Black Tank Top Outfit Ideas That Will Never Go Out of Style
1. Black tank top + black skirt + hoop earrings
This basic all-black ‘fit is upgraded thanks to Olivia Culpo’s choice of ear candy. Make sure to don a statement pair of earrings to turn your casual OOTD into a dressy one.
2. Cropped black tank top + sweatpants + combat boots
Add a bit of grunge to your look by pairing your sporty cropped tank and sweat pants with a pair of chunky combat boots.
3. Black tank top + black bike shorts + oversized blazer + black socks + brogues + chunky creepers
This look can be worn with or without the blazer and it’ll still look chic! The trick is to pick a boxy jacket that isn’t too warm so you can wear it throughout the day.
4. Black tank top + paper bag shorts + slides
This no-brainer outfit can be worn to almost anywhere! The beach, grocery, mall— you name it! This versatile look is also flattering on most body types.
5. Black tank top + oversized button-down (worn as a cover-up) + high-waist baggy trousers + slippers
This look is the perfect dressed down office uniform. If you’d like to wear your trousers outside the boardroom, may we suggest this effortless ‘fit that’s both lengthening and slimming.
6. Black tank top + leggings + baseball cap + white sneakers
Who says you can’t look chic while you work out? This look is the perfect after-yoga outfit that’ll look good even when you’re sweaty.
7. Black tank top + white oversized button-down + white high-waist jeans + tote bag + slides
This outfit is perfect for a weekend getaway at the beach or the city. Make your black tank top pop by pairing it with a white jacket or shirt and light colored denims.
8. Black tank top + cardigan + dark-washed denims + black sneakers + baguette bag +sunnies
An all-black look doesn’t need to be one-dimensional. Take cues from this fit that plays with all sorts of texture and fabrics to keep things interesting.
9. Black tank top + neutral-colored sweater and matching sweat pants + chunky gold necklace + chunky sandals
Black looks particularly classy paired with earth tones. Nudes and browns are best paired with your noir top to achieve a casual yet sophisticated look. Here, a pair of sweats is also elevated thanks to chunky gold jewelry.
10. Black tank top + high-waist jeans + white sneakers
You can call this the classic tank top ensemble! Here, Kelsey Merritt proves it’s also the perfect travel 'fit you can easily layer a jacket or coat on depending on the weather.
11. Cropped black tank top + midi-skirt
Consider a racerback tank if you’d like to showcase more of your shoulders for your next OOTD. This simple outfit combo on style influencer Marta Cygan looks dressy thanks to the clever choice of silhouettes and fabrics.
12. Black tank top + jacket + leather pants + chunky sneakers
You can trust Ida Anduyan to level up a tank with some cool leather pants and dad sneaks. Notice she echoed the color of her gray sneakers to the chunky silver necklace! What a cool way to match your accessories. This look is perfect if you want to channel your inner Scandinavian blogger when it’s relatively cold outside.
13. Black tank top + coat + high-waist denim jeans + loafers + baguette bag
You can trade the coat for a lightweight trench and this look will still turn heads because of its overall boxy and relaxed silhouette. Trust us, this ‘fit will make you look like you mean business.
14. Black tank top + bike shorts + chunky jewelry + platform slippers
The key to pulling off this outfit is to keep your hair and makeup simple and neat just like influencer Marie von Behrens. As they say, less is more.
15. Black tank top + white button-down + boxy blazer + high-waist cropped trousers + pumps
Here’s an outfit you can wear to work if you want to dress to impress. Forget the blazer if it's a little too hot to wear one and simply tuck in the shirt and button it up a little to look polished.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!