Out of all the jeans in your closet, your black skinny jeans are, perhaps, the easiest kind to sneak into the workplace. With its dark hue and snug fit, this type of jeans has a sleeker and dressier appearance compared to light wash denim. If you pair it with the right pieces, it has the potential to seem as professional-looking as a tailored pair of trousers. Give it a whirl by checking out these chic outfit combinations below:
1. Style your black skinnies with a button-down shirt to maintain a polished appearance.
This simple, no-fail combo can look expensive when paired with a leather handbag and minimal jewelry.
Tip: Avoid wearing ripped jeans as they run the risk of looking too casual.
2. For a lazy-day office attire that still looks sharp, simply pair your black jeans with a blazer.
Tip: Opt for an oversized blazer to offset the slim silhouette of your jeans.
3. Don't forget to accessorize!
A classic black leather belt will not only keep your pants up, but it can instantly elevate an otherwise casual denim look.
A pair of statement flats or heels will also work wonders in dressing up your plain black jeans.
4. Tone down a printed or colored blouse with your trusty black skinny jeans.
5. Keep things interesting by playing with proportions!
Go ahead and tuck a knit sweater, a loose blouse, or any oversized top into your black skinny jeans.
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.