Yep, what goes around comes around. Bike shorts have cycled right back into style, courtesy of Chloe, Off-White, Saint Laurent, and Dolce & Gabbana's Spring 2018 runways—among others, that is, signifying this token '90s look's landslide return. But of course, rely on no one but the Kardashians and a paparazzi-esque Yeezy campaign to propel the trend cycle a-spinnin' on the streets yet again!
Want to try the trend out? Below, 13 chic styling pegs to pin for when you do:
1. A quick way to go: Throw on a flimsy white button-down worthy of a Marrakech vacay, plus strappy sandals and a punchy-hued clutch.
2. We're including several of Pernille Teisbaek's outfits because she's got a real talent for styling bike shorts ladylike! Goes to show that they're doable, no matter your personal style. Here, she goes full noir in a black leather trench coat and pageboy cap.
3. Belt an oversized blazer and step into a pair of fun, colorful heels...oh, and don't forget the layered gold necklaces and a teeny-tiny Hermès.
4. Hitting the office straight from a workout? No worries, just toss a suit jacket over your padded shoulders and stroll into your nine-to-five job.
5. The belted blazer is clearly a top pick to pair with bike shorts. Even Loulou de Saison agrees. We love her puff-sleeved, olive number!
6. Nika Huk takes the idea a step further by choosing a funky paisley-print version cinched with a belt bag.
7. We're all for this styling trick by Reese Blutstein: a half-undone button-up over cyclers and snakeskin booties. Spy those cute hair clips and long socks!
8. Reese is another gal who's got this tricky trend down pat. She's right, they're comfortable, especially when worn with a belted black tee and patent boots! Your LBD can take a break for now.
9. If it's hot out, depend on a vibrant red peasant-style blouse and chunky sandals. Easy.
10. Another cool, creative monochromatic outfit to cop! A sheer shirt and white high-cut flats make any look 10 times more interesting.
11. We did mention Yeezy. Sarah Snyder goes the street route in a gray hoodie and chunky kicks. Don't forget the Starbucks cup for maximum effect.
12. Up the ante like only Kim Kardashian can. Consider some thigh-high boots, a rashguard-esque top, and a belt bag slung across the chest.
13. Bella Hadid's in on the cycling action, too! Try on a leather beret, wide-lapeled houndstooth jacket (cleavage encouraged), chic black slingback pumps, and a red lip for good measure. Très jolie.
14. We like Ida Anduyan's sleek take! Steal a beau's evening finery and team with a choker and a pair of silken sock boots.