There's a lot of buzz surrounding the Philippine adaptation of Start-Up, which comes as no surprise given how successful it was when the original K-drama premiered on Netflix in 2020. That said, it's understandable why there are high expectations for Start-Up PH and its Filipino cast, including Bea Alonzo, who plays Dani in the series, a.k.a. the female lead and the local counterpart of Bae Suzy's beloved character Seo Dal-mi.
Of course, we all know that Bea is an excellent actress with an impressive acting repertoire under her belt. There is no question that she's giving justice to the role. But her impeccable acting chops aside, there's another element in the show where her dedication to being immersed in the character of Dani is also very much evident—yup, we mean the wardrobe department!
In the official trailer alone, we couldn't help but notice the effort that Bea puts into recreating Suzy's original looks from the K-drama, especially for the pivotal scenes that made the most impact in the show. Needless to say, she's nailed all of them and the attention to detail is mind-blowing! Check out the many times Suzy and Bea went twinning below.
LOOK: 6 Times Bea Alonzo Recreated Bae Suzy's Looks in Start-Up PH
1. Remember that scene where Seo Dal-mi was supposed to meet Nam Do-san for the very first time to sell him a baseball? Suzy was clad in a double denim look comprised of jeans and a blazer. In the local adaptation, Bea gave off the same vibe by also opting for lightwashed jeans and a blazer rendered in denim-like chambray. So cool!
2. Frustrated over her not-so-pleasant encounter with her estranged sister, Suzy looked glum at the bus stop in her powder blue button-down shirt layered with a black blazer. This was recreated by Bea to a tee, wearing similar pieces for the iconic scene.
3. Here's a better look at their outfits from earlier in the day. Note how Bea even wore a camel-colored shoulder bag that's identical to Suzy's!
4. Speaking of iconic scenes, remember that VIP party where Suzy went to looking like a million dollars thanks to the brand new suit and nude pumps that her grandmother supposedly bought her? She even showed up with a Lady Dior bag that made our jaws drop! Well, Bea certainly got the memo! She not only wore an identical baby blue suit for the scene, she also brought the exact designer arm candy that Suzy lugged around.
5. Ah, the iconic red CEO t-shirt! Naturally, the PH adaptation has this as well, and both Suzy and Bea wore their statement tees with a gray hoodie jacket.