We're calling it: The It 2000s bag style is back on-trend. The baguette bag was such a hit during the heydays of the TV shows Sex and City and The OC. Carrie Bradshaw (played by Sarah Jessica Parker) and Marissa Cooper (Mischa Barton) always carried the tiny shoulder bag. (Well, to be fair, it was the time when huge mobile phones were still non-existent.)
We've been seeing the baguette bag again in the OOTDs of celebs and influencers. And upon much observation, we think it's because of its style versatility. You can wear it with feminine, casual, streetwear, or dressy outfits. Plus, its flat design and short handle make it a good hands-free option—great for commuting because all your belongings will be close to your body!
1. A white baguette bag will look good with a printed, colorful blouse.
2. A black blazer and an LBD obviously need a baguette bag in the same hue.
3. It's really a no-brainer to recreate this outfit: a cute top, basic jeans, colored heels, and of course, the It bag.
4. Add some luxe and elegance to your satin and knit OOTD by lugging around a monogram baguette bag.
5. The trendy bag will work well even with a laidback T-shirt and jeans combo!
6. Feeling lazy? Just throw on a cozy sweater and a pair of jeans with the comfiest sneakers. The baguette bag makes everything interesting.
7. It's no surprise that a black baguette nylon bag goes well with an LBD.
8. Mix business with pleasure by donning a printed bralette and layering a blazer over it.
9. Try matching your bag with your phone case, perhaps?
10. A little white dress will look very cool-girl when you add a baguette bag.
11. In case you haven't noticed, cardigans are back! When paired with a baguette bag, it's like the 2000s all over again.
12. Go for white and cream hues to look and feel extra fresh.
13. An animal print bag will pop against a pastel top.
14. Polish the silhouette of an oversized blouse and wide-legged jeans combo with a structured baguette bag.
15. It's a nice addition to your streetwear outfit, too!
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.