It's not secret that you can cook up a head-turning outfit with just wardrobe essentials—you just have to know how to mix 'em right, and elevate the ensemble with sophisticated accessories.
If this no-frills, elegant approach to fashion is totally your thing, glean further inspiration from Ashley Colet, an actress and influencer with a taste for that clean, minimalist aesthetic. You'll never catch her in colorful shoes or disco prints, but her style is cool all the same, thanks to her solid rotation of basics like white crop tops, straight-cut jeans, and neutral sandals. Plus, she never forgets to accent her outfits with gold jewelry, which make all the difference.
Check out her best looks below for inspiration!
LOOK: 8 Minimalist Outfits We Love from Ashley Colet:
1. Play with different tones of white. For a daytime look, wear a bodycon midi dress with pillowy platform slippers, a baguette bag, and a simple necklace.
2. This is why we believe in the power of a black jacket. Whether the one you have is a heavy satin blazer or a leather jacket, it'll work well with a white baby tee, high-waisted jeans, and just about any shoe. Ashley, a chunky shoe enthusiast, completed the look with black platform slippers.
3. On days when you simply want to show off some skin, wear a scarf as a top. Counterbalance the slim piece with a roomy quilted tote bag. Finish off the look with mom jeans, chunky gold hoop earrings, and black platform sandals.
4. On days when you feel like you have "nothing to wear", don't overthink. Throw on your no-fail t-shirt and bike shorts combo, but make sure to inject flair by way of delicate gold jewelry.
5. Here's how to style that itty-bitty bralette top that you see all over Instagram. Balance it out with bulk: Think baggy trousers, chunky sneakers, and chunky chain jewelry.
6. Never underestimate a belt—it can make even the simplest outfit combos look more put-together! Case in point: Wear a white sleeveless crop top, gingham trousers, and a vintage belt for an effortless yet stylish OOTD. Keep the look subdued with white accessories.
7. Here's a resort-friendly take on wearing head-to-toe black for the daytime. Wear a dainty tie-front crop top with simple black trousers, black slides, and a handcrafted wicker bag.
8. If you'll be travelling to a place with a cooler climate, grab the opportunity to whip out a turtleneck! On a sunny day, skip heavy pants and instead wear a little black dress and ankle boots.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!