In case you've been living under a rock, the Erik Matti-directed action flick BuyBust, starring none other than Anne Curtis, has taken international film festivals the world over by storm. It's a certified, critically-acclaimed cinema darling, and you can expect nothing less from the leading lady's red carpet outfits—below, check out six of our favorites among her premiere looks!
1. Here comes the lady in red. We adore this classic, Old Hollywood-worthy gown by Rajo Laurel! What better way to proudly rep the country at the 22nd Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival in South Korea than by wearing one of our best local designers?
2. Gotta love how Anne paired her sleek black strapless Toni Maticevski sheath with Vetements combat boots. What a way to channel her tough-chick character Nina Manigan IRL! "This ensemble was the ultimate badass vixen look reminiscent of '90s alt-girl punk," Pam Quinones of Qurator Studio says. "This is my personal favorite because I think it’s closest to Anne’s personal style and she looked like she could’ve been a convincing fifth character in the cult film The Craft."
3. Head-to-toe Louis Vuitton, but of course. Fun fact: This look came straight from the label's Pre-Fall 2018 collection. "The look was off-beat streetwear, which played around the idea of hard and soft elements. Playful and on-trend, it was the perfect look for the South Korea premier," Pam shares. "I personally love that Anne is open to trying out unconventional looks and pulling them off at that."
4. Salute! Anne plays the stylish army brat so well. "These MSGM co-ords from Distinqt were an appropriate look for the film’s grand press con," comments Pam. "It was military chic to the bone...A good balance of fashion and function was required as Anne and the entire cast were expected to arrive the venue in a military truck."
5. Commanding yet dainty, Anne made her appearance at the New York world premiere of BuyBust in shimmering Calvin Klein 205W39NYC. Unforgettable.
6. Back home! Anne greets Manila clad in a cool mix of pieces from Opening Ceremony, GCDS, Han Kjøbenhavn, and Vetements.