Andrea Brillantes is one of the most versatile Gen Z style stars out there. From cottagecore and light academia to Coconut Girl and kidcore, the 19-year-old has tried—and looked great—in all of the fashion aesthetics she has dipped her toes in.
Our favorite on her, however, has to be her Y2K-inspired 'fits. The fashion of the era just suits her so well, and we can't help but double-tap and bookmark all of her OOTDs as inspo! If you're looking for a sign to join the Y2K craze, let Andrea be your guide. Check out 10 of her best Y2K-inspired outfits that will make you say "That's hot" a la Paris Hilton:
LOOK: Andrea Brillantes' Best Y2K-Inspired Outfits
1. From the cropped tee, low-rise jeans, and beaded accessories, this outfit just screams Y2K.
2. When we think of Y2K, colorful and kitschy pieces come to mind. If you want to stay low-key, you can try out Andrea's simple outfit combination of a white tank top and trousers with the waistband rolled down.
3. Make your early aughts-inspired outfit more modest by layering on another top in a striking color.
4. This OOTD is given a 2023 update by using everyone's go-to neutral color: brown.
5. Y2K outfits usually favor more feminine pieces, but if you want to grunge up your look, you can don a pair of chunky black boots like Andrea.
6. Alternatively, you can also use Mary Jane shoes paired with kitschy socks.
7. One quick way to incorporate the early 2000s into your closet is by getting printed tees. Pair it with your fave frayed shorts and chunky shoes and you're golden.
8. Get the best of both worlds by combining two of your favorite aesthetics. In this case, Andrea mixed together dark academia with Y2K by pairing her cropped houndstooth top with low-rise jeans that hugged her figure.
9. Tank tops with lace trims are another Y2K staple that can serve as the foundation for tons of great outfits.
10. Silk was a fabric that was widely used during this era, and we love how Andrea incorporated it in her outfit by using it as a chic cover-up.
* This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!