When it comes to swimwear, one-piece swimsuits are often overlooked as they don't look as fun as the usual two-piece bikini. But these days, maillots come in different cuts, colors, and prints, so you're bound to find one that's the perfect match for you! They also provide more coverage than your average bikini, making them heaven-sent for people who feel conscious about showing off too much skin.
Need more convincing? Maillots seem to be Alexa Ilacad's swimwear of choice! A quick peek at her Instagram account will tell you that she gravitates toward this style the most, and it's not hard to see why. Aside from being super comfy, they also look good no matter where she is.
Ahead, we round up six of Alexa's best one-piece swimsuits:
1. Not one to choose a plain one-piece swimmie, Alexa went for a burnt red asymmetric maillot that highlighted her collarbone and curves.
2. This peach halter one-piece provides a pleasant pop of color against the plain background. We love the addition of the criss-cross detail on the chest—they make the maillot look extra fun!
3. Not too keen on showing off your arms? This blue one-piece with short sleeves provides a bit more coverage, while the floral print and dainty ruffled details keep things light and fun.
4. Stand out amid the greenery by picking a swimsuit in a striking color, like Alexa's vibrant yellow maillot.
5. You won't need to worry about accessorizing when you have a one-piece as fun as Alexa's floral ruffled swimsuit!
6. When all else fails, a simple black one-piece swimsuit is a no-brainer. It's one of the most flattering colors for swimsuits out there!
*This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!