It’s official. If there’s anything last week’s heat wave has confirmed, it’s that summer is here. And the only thing we can do aside from staying indoors, turning the AC up, and lathering on moisturizing sunblock is to dress for it. Below are seven ideas to help you decide what to wear in the city and still beat the heat.
1. Knot it quick, and let it hang loose—this idea isn’t limited to suiting. Go for pieces that let you cinch and tie as you please; that way, you decide how covered up you want to be.
2. Transition your culottes into the summer by wearing them with an openwork top. Plus, who doesn’t love blush tones like rose quartz?
3. Shoulders are still hot and so is denim, especially if it’s frayed.
4. Be the sexy librarian you know you can be in 70’s-style knits. An interesting chevron pattern can pair with any number of basics.
5. Gauzy fabrics covered in florals are the best way to still be covered up but remain breezy.
6. A statement neckline can polish your look, so you don’t have to worry about looking professional while baring your arms.
7. Keep it loose and airy, and choose cuts that don’t stick to the body. This jumpsuit has all the right stripes and does just that.
Cop all these looks from the Sfera Spring/Summer 2016 collection, which was launched last March 31, 2016 at SM Makati. Aside from the collection preview, the select guests were also treated to a fun paper doll styling session—the perfect anti-stress activity for fashion girls like the Preview editors and the event host Mari Jasmine who attended the launch.