If you have a beach trip or staycation planned, then you’ll definitely be packing some of your favorite swimsuits to flaunt. Though wearing them alone is a given, why not spruce up your maillot or bikini with some clever styling? Don’t worry, we’re not talking about overdressing at the beach! But more of creating a look that will take you from your time in the water to an afternoon or night out with effortless style. Besides, you need to take that double-tap worthy OOTD while soaking up some sun!
The key to coming up with an Instagram-worthy swimsuit ‘fit is versatility. You want a look that’s both chic but comfortable; simple yet still quite trendy. That said, your choice of cover-up, footwear, and accessories can make or break your look! Below, we round-up foolproof outfit combos you can totally cop the next time you decide to wear your favorite once-piece suit or bikini top!
35 Stylish Swimsuit and Bikini Outfits to Try
1. Oversized shirt (styled as a cropped top) + one-piece swimsuit
Cop Kathryn Bernardo’s go-to style formula for covering up at the beach! This is a cool and easy way to wear your favorite oversized tee while still showing off some skin.
2. Halter dress + bikini set + sunglasses + woven tote bag
Whip out your favorite hubadera summer dress and wear it over your printed bikini just like Insta girl and model Yanna Cowper! This will add dimension and color to your look in more ways than one.
3. Off-shoulder bikini top + high-waist denim shorts + belt + headband + delicate gold accessories
Beach babe Patricia Henson has the perfect ‘fit to wear to a day out in town before (or after) taking a dip! A cinched waist is always a good idea to accentuate your curves.
4. Halter bikini top + denim mini skirt
Who says you can’t wear your denim skirt to the beach? Take cues from Rhea Bue and opt for your shortest denim skirt to use as a cover-up while you enjoy some drinks.
5. Triangle bikini top + linen co-ords + scarf (worn as a bandana) + straw bag + wide-rimmed sunnies
Entrepreneur and stylish mom Mikka Padua makes the most out of her favorite linen co-ords as she layers them over a basic black bikini.
6. Scoop neck bikini top + high waist shorts + bucket hat + Birkenstock sandals
You can trust Laureen Uy to show us an effortlessly cool beach fit that’s anything but basic. Opt for loose-fitting flared shorts like Lau to add more shape to your look.
7. Triangle bikini top + high waist trousers + slides
Though Kelsey Merritt usually keeps her swimsuit ‘fits simple and bare at the beach, she does know the power of a transitional look that can take her straight to a dinner date with her beau. Cop this easy and put-together OOTD with breezy tailored trousers and classy slides.
8. Shirt dress (worn as a cover-up) + bikini top + denim shorts + belt + straw hat
This statement fit will definitely turn heads the moment you step out into the shore! Style your maxi dress as a cover up instead to subtly reveal your bikini top and the right amount of leg to flaunt.
9. Bandeau bikini top + high waist bottoms + socks + chunky white sneakers + sunnies
Vlogger Emma Chamberlain shows us the perfect outfit to wear at a pool party! If you just want to flaunt your flattering new bikini set, then style it with chunky white sneakers for an added touch of cool.
10. Tie-string bikini top and bottom + layered gold necklaces + body chain + chunky gold bangles + tiny sunglasses
Trust Bella Hadid to turn a simple string bikini into a badass OOTD. Over-accessorizing works well if you’re wearing a skimpy swimsuit with a lot of skin left to cover. So pile on those bangles and necklaces when you have the chance!
11. One-piece swimsuit + high-waist khaki shorts + belt + thong sandals + baguette bag + sunnies
This effortlessly chic ‘fit can take you from day to night. The trick is to pick a simple maillot that looks like a body suit so people won’t really notice you’re already dressed to take a dip.
12. Bikini top + high-waist bikini bottoms + head scarf + wide-rimmed sunglasses
Keep your hair away from your face on windy beach days with a pretty scarf or handkerchief you can wear as a headband!
13. Rash guard + white sneakers + colored sunglasses
Model-turned-entrepreneur Bea Soriano-Dee cleverly dressed up her rash guard with a pair of classic white sneakers and finished off her look with matching jelly-colored sunnies. The key to this outfit combo is to stick to a fresh and pastel color palette to look youthful.
14. Bandeau bikini top + high-cut bikini bottom + cropped cardigan + baguette bag
If you want to wear your bikini just for the ‘gram, take cues from Barbara Kristoffersen and go monochromatic. This is a great way to wear your fuzzy cardis even when it isn’t cold outside!
15. Scoop neck bikini top + lounge pants + straw hat
Wear your modest bikini top as a bralette and pair with a breezy set of trousers to look polished. Take cues from supermodel mom Emily Ratajkowski and finish it off with a straw hat and dainty gold accessories.
16. High-cut bikini set + high-waist denim jeans + button-down shirt or cardigan + chunky sandals
This look is perfect if you want to hide any trace of your swimsuit before hitting the beach or pool! The best part is this outfit will look equally as good when you opt to wear your denims and throw on your shirt or cardi completely unbuttoned.
17. Triangle bikini top + white button-down shirt + high-waist denim shorts
This no-brainer casual chic look from Juliana Gomez is undeniably a staple for a beach trip. Just make sure to pick denim cut-offs that cinch your waist for some added shape.
18. One-piece swimsuit + cropped button-down shirt + Bermuda shorts + straw hat
This classy summer ‘fit is perfect for when you want to wear your maillot while traveling to your destination. We suggest you keep to a neutral color palette to look fresh despite the blazing hot weather.
19. Puff-sleeve top + tie-string bikini bottoms + cat eye sunnies
Arci Munoz isn’t afraid to wear all black at the beach, so you shouldn’t be wary of it too! The key is to pick a flirty and feminine top in noir to prevent your ‘fit from looking too dreary or somber. A killer beauty look with a bright bold lip also helps a ton.
20. Tank top + high-cut string bikini bottom + sunglasses
Forgot to bring a proper cover-up? Opt to use your favorite tank top instead! This makes for a cool beach OOTD if you’re not keen on showing off any cleavage for the ‘gram.
21. Bikini top + blazer + high-waist trousers
You can even style your plain white bandeau or triangle bikini top under a blazer! This is a comfortable look to try when you want to look polished but are still keen on showing off skin.
22. One-piece swimsuit + pencil midi skirt + scarf (worn as headband) + oversized sunnies
Get groovy with this outfit from Maria Bernad that’s perfect for a night out! If you’re not one to flaunt bright colors or eye-catching prints, stick to this style formula but in neutrals, all black, or all white. The effect is just as fashionable.
23. Cropped sweatshirt + string bikini bottom
A sweater at the beach? Why not! For colder afternoons and evenings, opt for a cute oversized cropped sweater to cozy up in. It’ll look cute for an OOTD to boot!
24. Printed one-piece swimsuit + chunky sandals + statement sunglasses
Spruce up your printed maillot with comfy chunky sandals and statement specs! These accessories will definitely elevate your look into cool girl heights.
24. Bandeau bikini top + flowy midi skirt + slides + statement handbag
Dress up your simple bandeau top with a printed skirt that moves with the sea breeze. Just check out this dreamy OOTD on Marie Lozano! Keep things classy but comfy by finishing your look with gilded slides and some interesting arm candy.
26. One-piece swimsuit + wide-leg high-waist trousers + belt + straw hat + sandals
Your bright colored one-piece suit can double as the perfect summer top to wear out! Here, Liz Uy shows us how to dress it up with a pair of roomy beige trousers and drew in her waist with a simple white belt. You’ll look slimmer and taller in no time!
27. Scoop neck bikini top + printed sarong + beaded accessories
Don’t be afraid to wear color! We love how beauty queen and model Katarina Rodriguez opted for complementary hues to spice up these beach basics. Multicolored beaded necklaces and bracelets are also a nice touch to tie your outfit together.
28. High-waist bikini set + cropped white button-down shirt + bucket hat
Keep it cool at the beach with a breezy button-down that falls right by your waist so you have all the leg to flaunt. A clever way to add color to your black and white ‘fit is to pick a bright or pastel bucket hat to finish off your look.
29. Scarf (worn as a top) + high waist bikini bottoms + straw hat + sunglasses
If you’ve overused (or overexposed) your black bikini top for the ‘gram, why not wear your scarf as a statement halter top instead? This outfit is perfect if you want to exude sophistication at the beach.
30. One-piece swimsuit + colored pants + bucket hat
Go monochrome if you can! And it’s even better if you can match your entire look in a sweet and summery hue. This is the perfect style formula when you want to wear your swimsuits in the city and not the beach.
31. Swimsuit top with sleeves + midi skirt + chunky sandals + tote bag + straw hat
If you have a swimsuit top with sleeves in tow, you should definitely wear it as a cropped top paired with a flowy midi skirt! This polished and put-together look from Katt Valdez is perfect for a weekend out in the city or at the beach.
32. Tie-string triangle bikini set + thick knit oversized cardigan
There’s something stylish yet ironic about using a chunky knitted cardigan as a cover-up. But it definitely makes for a cool double-tap worthy ‘fit!
33. Triangle bikini top + tennis skirt + sunnies
Gen Z poster girl Lorin Gutierrez-Bektaz opts for a high-waist tennis skirt instead of a sarong. A pretty clever way of covering up while still sticking to a certain aesthetic!
34. Bikini set + baseball cap
The simplest accessory can totally change up your look. Adding a snapback will definitely give your ordinary swimsuit OOTD a sporty edge.
35. One-piece swimsuit + cable knit cardigan + chunky gold accessories
We know what you’re thinking but hear us out! Opt for this cozy look from Molly Blutstein on cold or rainy days when you’d want to stay warm as soon as you get out of the water. It also makes for a stunning outfit that’s undeniably sexy but elegant.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!