We usually relegate mirror selfies to our less painstakingly-curated platforms...like Snapchat or IG stories, where oftentimes, anything goes. You feel? Our Instagram feeds usually boast carefully art-directed OOTDs taken by only our most trusted hands, but we propose a deviation: How about snapping outfit selcas that are actually worthy of a spot on your grid? Check out 10 examples, below.
1. Want to flaunt your new pair's interesting heel? Simply sit down and turn your foot sideways.
2. If you're gunning for a closer look to show texture touches, tip your phone sideways for a fun—and trendy!—snap.
3. Include corner details that go with your outfit! Sharing grid space with a vase of blooms or an interesting figurine makes your selfie a ton more interesting.
4. Take a cue from Tina Leung and company and grab a stylish friend or two. The more, the merrier!
5. This is easily one of our favorite Martine Cajucom looks, and there's certainly a selfie tip to snatch here: If you want to flaunt that bold hue, pick a striking backdrop of plain black. White can get tiring, after all!
6. A trick we absolutely swear by: To look taller, stick a leg out. Done and done.
7. Details matter! Your snap will look supremely thought-out if you carefully match accent hues with the background. Check out Margaret Zhang's tasteful dashes of cognac!
8. Get comfy! Man Repeller founder Leandra Medine has pretty much coined this leg-propped-up pose—scroll through her 'gram and you'll see. You're free to cop!
9. For a more elongated silhouette, hold your phone near your chest, not your face! The lower angle will stretch your stems by a mile.
10. Here's a great way to show off a statement earring, a shoulder bag, or even some back detail: Take the shot from the waist up while standing with your back to another mirror. Play with reflections!