It’s a hard knock life for a hipster. Your siblings tease you, saying you’re too cool. Your parents think you still haven’t outgrown your emo high school days. (Just because you wear plaid and flannel, jeez!) And all the people you match with on Tinder always start a conversation with the words “Artsy photos. Very hipster.” Nobody gets it. But we do. Or at least we think. Herewith, the tell tale signs that you’re the hipster in your family.
1. Your self-confidence is through the roof—even if your sister is Beyonce.
Hipster Knowles 5eva!
2. It’s hard to get you to agree to a groufie.
You're always that satellite in the back.
3. No one ever borrows shoes from you ‘cause you never wear socks.
And if you do, they probably don’t match your trousers (unlike how your dad matches his with his pants, bleh.)
4. Ditto for rings.
Because you wear them on your nose.
5. You like it that mom cuts your hair.
6. You like to sleep underneath the twinkle lights.
It makes you feel like you’re that much closer to touching stars.
7. In college, you majored in Fine Arts while your siblings all took Management.
There was always paint on your pants.
8. You’re the only who doesn’t use VSCO.
Your life is naturally grungy.
9. You always quote obscure song lyrics.
People always gotta Google your captions.
10. All your sisters marathoned Sex and the City, but you, you loved Freaks and Geeks.
Photos from Pinterest and @fmam, @otherjoseph, @tokwap, @beyonce, and @nadzlustre on Instagram.