She may be beautiful and fabulously rich, but Kate Middleton was still tagged as a commoner before she tied the knot with Prince William and officially became part of the royal family. Today, the star of this real-life Cinderella story turns 33. And in celebration of her birthday, we’ve listed down the reasons why the Duchess of Cambridge is our ultimate life peg. Read on and find out why Her Royal Highness turns us all green with envy. Happy birthday, Kate!
1. SHE MARRIED A REAL-LIFE PRINCE AND HAD A FAIRYTALE WEDDING - AND YET SHE DID HER OWN MAKEUP.
She also wore a vintage Alexander McQueen wedding gown, for crying out loud!
2. SHE ENJOYS WATCHING WIMBLEDON GAMES. PERHAPS TOO MUCH.
The Duchess of Cambridge may not have been raised inside the House of Windsor, but that certainly doesn’t make her any less patriotic. What could be more British than being a Wimbledon fan, right?
3. SHE HAS A SPORTY BONE IN HER BODY.
FYI, Her Royal Highness excels at field hockey and cross-country running, too!
4. WHEN SHE VISITED NEW YORK, BEYONCE SHOWED HER AROUND.
Oh, you know, Queen Bey just became her personal tourguide. No big deal, right?
5. HER HAT GAME IS ALWAYS ON POINT.
Seriously, we’re dying to raid her closet right now.
6. SHE REPEATS CLOTHES, BY THE WAY.
At least now we know she’s human.
7. SHE GAVE BIRTH TO THE FUTURE KING OF ENGLAND.
And Prince George has the rosiest, chubbiest cheeks we’ve ever seen!
8. SHE’S A MOM WHO KNOWS HOW TO RAISE HER KID WELL.
We believe you, Kate.
9. ISN'T HE ADORABLE? HE EVEN ENJOYS RECEIVING PRESENTS!
10. AND OH, DID WE MENTION THAT ROYAL BABY NUMBER TWO IS ALREADY ON ITS WAY?
Here’s the Duchess of Cambridge looking ravishing in red. If our math is correct, she’s four months pregnant when this photo was taken. How can one be so good at hiding her baby bump? Life sure isn't fair.
11. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THIS CINDERELLA GOT THE “HAPPY EVER AFTER” SHE DESERVES.
Photos from @usweekly on Instagram and gifs from Giphy.com