There has always been something particularly intriguing about shopping in Adora. The open layout within the store’s limestone walls invite you to wander from one carefully-curated vignette of products to another. There’s also a tranquility that’s distinct from the sometimes harried process of browsing, fitting, and buying. Here, you’re given space to peruse attention and information upon making your selection, and a chaise to sit quietly as your purchase is being processed and packaged into one of their lovely pistachio green boxes. The experience itself is true luxury.
So when an invitation to be present at Adora’s relaunch in the local retail scene landed upon my desk, there was a very compelling reason to attend. Though subtle, the change in layout instantly tugs at the heart strings of a fashion girl. Whether it’s the vignette of pastel-colored handbags from Valentino, Chloe, Givenchy or Loewe, or the shoe bar’s flats, sandals, and pumps from the likes of Schutz, Stella Luna, Stella McCartney and Jimmy Choo that draws you in, you’ll be hard-pressed not to find something to fall in love with. Bag and shoe girls alike will find solace in these floors.
And in the spirit of the boutique’s refined luxury, the evening was one for the books, both an intimate affair and a grand experience. Here are highlights from the magical night at Adora that will make you wish you were there, too!
1. Each invitation was perfectly handwritten in pistachio ink on a plain black card.
2. Only 25 people were invited, including Solenn Heussaff, Nico Bolzico, Erwan Heussaff, Iza Calzado, Rhian Ramos, Lovi Poe, Martine Cajucom, and Bea Soriano-Dee.
The night's host Tim Yap with Iza Calzado and Erwan Heussaff
3. Hosted by Rustan Commercial Corp., members of the Tantoco family, including President Donnie Tantoco, Rustan CEO Zenaida R. Tantoco, SSI Group Inc. President Anton Huang, and Adora Co-Founder Eman Pineda were all there to celebrate with the guests. The family patriarch, Ambassador Bienvenido Tantoco, Sr. also graced the occasion, his dream of uniting the family’s three luxury retailing businesses now a reality.
Rustan's Donnie Tantoco looked dapper over dinner.
4. A beautiful dining table was set up on the second floor with lucite chairs all around, and a menagerie of velvet boxes potted with mint-colored hydrangeas, fresh calla lilies lounging in tall glass vases, and Adora’s signature pistachio boxes tied-up with black grosgrain ribbons as elegant centerpieces.
5. A live jazz band with Ira Cruz on guitar and Karel Honasan on drums took us back to the Gatsby era, with Nicole Asensio singing a breathy version of “Fever” over dinner.
6. Dinner was a lovely four-course seafood meal by Margarita Forés, and conversation was abuzz during the meal.
7. The first “Oprah” moment came right before dessert. Tim Yap pulled back the velvet curtains to reveal Adora’s three Christmas trees filled with pistachio boxes underneath. Guests were invited to look for the gift with their name on it.
8. Unboxing revealed bags from Chloe, Valentino and Givenchy—a fashion girl’s dream!
Rissa Mananquil-Trillo found a blue Chloe Drew bag in her gift box.
9. But wait, there’s more: A parade of dashing young men, each carrying a silver tray laden with a single pale blue slipper (a Harlan + Holden Step shoe to be exact), came forward and knelt in front of each guest. The offer: each one was invited to select one pair of shoes from the shoe bar to take home.
10. After a round of thank yous and goodbyes, everyone was given one last pistachio box, gifting each one with two more Cinderella moments leading up to Christmas—a perfect excuse to come back and enjoy the shopping experience at Adora.